Formula 1...

'Dale

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Williams’ celebrations of Pastor Maldonado’s Spanish Grand Prix victory have been cut dramatically short after a fire broke out in the team’s garage shortly after the race, engulfing the Barcelona pit lane in thick smoke.

Mechanics from various teams took immediate action to extinguish the flames and emergency services arrived soon after. There are no immediate reports of any serious injuries, though some Force India and Williams personnel have been taken to the medical centre.

Williams tester Valtteri Bottas told UK F1 broadcasters Sky that there had been some kind of explosion in the back of the garage while Sir Frank Williams was giving a victory speech to the team.

There was extensive damage to the Williams equipment in the garage, which contained Bruno Senna's car, the Brazilian having retired early from the race after a collision with Mercedes' Michael Schumacher.

With the fire safely extinguished, police cordoned off the affected area of the pit lane.

Eish, those Pirelli tyres are adding serious drama to the racing.

Maldonado, super achievement.

Hammie, brave run from the back!

There are rumours coming from Spain that a 43 year old German national is wanting for questioning by the police

There are rumours coming from Spain that a 43 year old German national is wanting for questioning by the police

I didn't realise he was that old already...

The old fart has now been given a five place penalty for Monaco.

The way the season is going with 5 different maunfacturers winning Lotus should win the next race (or HRT)

The old fart has now been given a five place penalty for Monaco.

The way the season is going with 5 different maunfacturers winning Lotus should win the next race (or HRT)

Seems a bit harsh for getting the Williams team all fired up! :lol: But Schumi still remains a genius behind the wheel. Rare mistake which I'm sure he'll deny.

Talk about a race of two tales. First off, even as a very long time Fewrrari fan, I was rooting for Pastor over those last few laps, just hoping like crazy that the car won't break or anything. Well done to all involved, a looooong dry spell and I just hope this will bring some extra finances to the team.

As for my two-tales comment... It was like watching one of the snore-fest GP's with the top 3, but behind them all chaos and anarchie, people overtaking left, right... and in Schu's case, center.

Kimi's most boring race ever, but for his last stint? (I was sort-of expecting more from them this weekend.) Then again, I was also expecting either another quick stop for the front two - or them hitting the end of usefullness on their tyres - but seems only Alonso overworked his a bit. Was pretty sure they'd requires fresh rubber before the end - and then be quicker than Kimi in return, so was gearing me up for that slugfest... imagine my "disappointment"... ;)

And well done for the Hamster coming back from the back of the grid - some entertaining overtaking moves there. Was sorry for Perez, was hoping to see him produce something from the front, but that only lasted a couple of corners.

Red Bull Spy tweeted this following a certain 43 year old gentleman's "mishap"

"Studies show older road users have problems with depth perception & frequently misjudge the speed of vehicles around them..."

http://livesniffpetrol.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/PicNews120515.jpg

But true, look at what they did with Kimi and the cars they had didnt suit Kimmi at all back then, now the Iceman is kicking ferrari's ass in a 2 year old underfunded lotus... Now theres some payback for you.