Formula 1...

'Dale

Just in case anyone missed the driving lesson yesterday, another domination by Mr Vettel.

Some stunning laptimes too in the middle of the race. In a class of his own.

post-35569-0-48429300-1379917423_thumb.jpg

post-35569-0-27027600-1379917422_thumb.jpg

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just in case anyone missed the driving lesson yesterday, another domination by Mr Vettel.

Some stunning laptimes too in the middle of the race. In a class of his own.

post-35569-0-48429300-1379917423_thumb.jpg

post-35569-0-27027600-1379917422_thumb.jpg

Yoh

Another championship title in the making.

Really love that Singapore night racing

Serious show of force. But man, that start of Alonos was absolutely unreal!

Biggest BS was that Webber apparently received a grid penalty for the next race for being given a lift by Alonso?! If that IS so, that's just plain crazy. They're killing the sport with rules. :cursing:

On a side-note, Italy was the first time I saw F1 in HD - what an experience. But wow... this night race just made it so much more spectacular!

Serious show of force. But man, that start of Alonos was absolutely unreal!

Biggest BS was that Webber apparently received a grid penalty for the next race for being given a lift by Alonso?! If that IS so, that's just plain crazy. They're killing the sport with rules. :cursing:

On a side-note, Italy was the first time I saw F1 in HD - what an experience. But wow... this night race just made it so much more spectacular!

Agreed if anything where is Alonso's penalty. Webber didn't climb onto a moving Ferrari so Alonso is just as much to blame. It was funny seeing Alonso drive though, was completely blinded by Webbers leg in all the left hand turns.

I heard on the radio yesterday that Bernie is planning to do some rule changes next year to stop Vettel's dominance. This is the Schumacher era all over again. One team gets an advantage and starts handing out driving lessons left right and centre and suddenly the regulations get changed to level the playing fields to let the other's catch up.

Article here.

I heard on the radio yesterday that Bernie is planning to do some rule changes next year to stop Vettel's dominance. This is the Schumacher era all over again. One team gets an advantage and starts handing out driving lessons left right and centre and suddenly the regulations get changed to level the playing fields to let the other's catch up.

Article here.

Yeah, the regulations were always going to change, but it'll be interesting to see what rule changes Ecclestone will put into place to try and restrict the dominance.

If he does any rule changes strictly to penalize the current dominant manufacturers, then that's a farce of note.

But personally - I can't wait for the new engine regulations. Just want the fuel stops to come back in, and the drivers to be able to push the tyres without fear of unreasonable degradation.

Agreed if anything where is Alonso's penalty. Webber didn't climb onto a moving Ferrari so Alonso is just as much to blame. It was funny seeing Alonso drive though, was completely blinded by Webbers leg in all the left hand turns.

Both Webber and Alonso were reprimanded for the 'taxi ride'. The grid penalty was result of Webber accumulating 3 reprimands so far this season. Not sure what they were for, but he's got three, therefore a grid penalty.

Yeah, the regulations were always going to change, but it'll be interesting to see what rule changes Ecclestone will put into place to try and restrict the dominance.

If he does any rule changes strictly to penalize the current dominant manufacturers, then that's a farce of note.

But personally - I can't wait for the new engine regulations. Just want the fuel stops to come back in, and the drivers to be able to push the tyres without fear of unreasonable degradation.

Without getting into a debate, the reason I stopped watching F1 was because of all the new regulations that were put in place last time around. The single tyre supplier, the lack of fuel stops, the engine rule etc. (It's been a while since I showed interest so forgive me if I missed anything or got it wrong) They might as well a have been racing VW Polo Cup.... Now you have a driver that is sticking his head above the rest and we are heading back to the "may the best car win" scenario which is why the rules were changed initially to stop the Shumacher domination.

Without getting into a debate, the reason I stopped watching F1 was because of all the new regulations that were put in place last time around. The single tyre supplier, the lack of fuel stops, the engine rule etc. (It's been a while since I showed interest so forgive me if I missed anything or got it wrong) They might as well a have been racing VW Polo Cup.... Now you have a driver that is sticking his head above the rest and we are heading back to the "may the best car win" scenario which is why the rules were changed initially to stop the Shumacher domination.

I agree on the rule changes but the one tyre rule, engine, rules, etc are in some cases good. When you have one driver dominating and these rules aren't in place there will always be allegations of special tyres, illegal engine mods, etc.

I believe the rules have made the racing closer but you get teams that will always rise above the rules to dominate through engineering brilliance and/or amazingly talented drivers. RBR is only guilty of having both of these elements.

I agree on the rule changes but the one tyre rule, engine, rules, etc are in some cases good. When you have one driver dominating and these rules aren't in place there will always be allegations of special tyres, illegal engine mods, etc.

I believe the rules have made the racing closer but you get teams that will always rise above the rules to dominate through engineering brilliance and/or amazingly talented drivers. RBR is only guilty of having both of these elements.

Agreed but those allegations are going to be there regardless.... The rule changes were introduced to make the sport "more affordable" and to fill up the grid again (They went through some tough times if you recall as did MotoGP). Just don't agree with penalising one to "help" another concept.

It is all about rands and cents at the end of the day. It's happening in F1, MotoGP, WSBK, WRC and I suppose the list goes on. As you change the rules, you chase some viewers away but you will attract new ones. As long as they keep the quota of viewers and not let the numbers slide, that's what counts.

It has been going on for a long time. You had the Senna fans, the Schumacher fans and now the Vettel fans. Different eras I suppose.

Both Alonso and Webber got reprimanded but Webber got a penalty as it was the third time he was pulled before the stewards this season. Pathetic penalty either way.

Formula 1 is once again like the Schumacher error where Vettel has an unbeatable car and average team mates and the race for victory is a snore fest.

In my biased opinion, Alonso (in a donkey of a Ferrari) is still the pick of the current bunch of drivers. I think if Vettel ever dominates the sport in a car other than Red Bull I would have to re-evaluate this opinion but until then I still believe this dominance is more car than driver.

I don't see much changing in 2014 as even with the new engine specifications, Adrian Newey will design yet another Red Bull masterpiece.

Formula 1 is once again like the Schumacher error where Vettel has an unbeatable car and average team mates and the race for victory is a snore fest.

In my biased opinion, Alonso (in a donkey of a Ferrari) is still the pick of the current bunch of drivers. I think if Vettel ever dominates the sport in a car other than Red Bull I would have to re-evaluate this opinion but until then I still believe this dominance is more car than driver.

I don't see much changing in 2014 as even with the new engine specifications, Adrian Newey will design yet another Red Bull masterpiece.

Now I wish more than ever that Vettel would ride for another team just to prove you wrong. As I have said before RBR have a brilliant engineering team but also equally brilliant driver in Vettel who will never get the deserved respect because people believe what you have just stated. Alonso is good I agree but unless he has a perfectly working and setup car he cannot drive around any problems which may arise.

Now I wish more than ever that Vettel would ride for another team just to prove you wrong. As I have said before RBR have a brilliant engineering team but also equally brilliant driver in Vettel who will never get the deserved respect because people believe what you have just stated. Alonso is good I agree but unless he has a perfectly working and setup car he cannot drive around any problems which may arise.

Yeah. Exactly. It's like Marc Marque in Moto GP. The Hondas are AMAZING this year, and he is running rings around the competition. Yamaha is lagging, and Ducati is nowhere. But because the bike that he's riding is so fast, he's not getting as much credit as he deserves - and he deserves a LOT of credit, being where he is in his rookie year.

Vettel, like Raikonnen, is a fantastic driver. Put Raiki in the RB and I think you'll have a far closer match than currently, where the lotus is underpowered compared to the RB, yet still Raki manages to put out the quick laps come race time.