Formula 1...

'Dale

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And again in first free practise this morning.

What a session indeed. Lewis breaking down after one lap, Vettel only doing 7 laps before his car overheated. Kimi was very slow and dissapointing in this session. Predicting rain for Sunday, and no team has done any testing in the rain with these new engines.

Go, Hamster!!

Go Merc!

Who's gonna get the first bloody nose.

Who's gonna get the 1st checkered.

Who's in the points.

Looking forward to another exciting championship.

Edited by ' Dale

1 second between the top 6. Ferrari's times not surprising, but it seems as if most of the teams are getting things under control.

I reckon we'd have seen a VERY different picture if the testing hadn't been limited...

It seems the pundits pre-season predictions of the Mercedes being the car to beat could be correct...

But yes agreed, the fact that the gap between the front six is minimal surely means we are in for a great season... Until Adrian Newey brings out another piece of engineering genius that makes the Red Bull unbeatable again (snore).

It seems the pundits pre-season predictions of the Mercedes being the car to beat could be correct...

But yes agreed, the fact that the gap between the front six is minimal surely means we are in for a great season... Until Adrian Newey brings out another piece of engineering genius that makes the Red Bull unbeatable again (snore).

why would that be a snore-fest? Surely any sort of progression (regardless of the team involved) would be a positive? Would force the other guys to adapt.

Oh. Wait. That's why this was brought in in the first place. To stop RB domination. Cos the others couldn't adapt. What's next, banning Newey? Placing an IQ quota limit?

Please. Any domination should motivate the 2nd / 3rd / 4th/ 19th placed team even more. And if you look at it - it's still the same teams dominating the top 10. No difference there... Wasn't this supposed to "level" the playing field?

I will be very suprised if any of the Renault engines finish the race. Cant wait to see Vettel standing next to the track looking at his smoking dead bull.

I will be very suprised if any of the Renault engines finish the race. Cant wait to see Vettel standing next to the track looking at his smoking dead bull.

Yeah, I'm gonna peel the F1 sticker off my Renault when I get home.

Who's gonna get the first bloody nose.

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2014/03/hamilton-leads-mercedes-one-two-as-2014-season-gets-underway-in-melbourne/

"At Mercedes, a sensor issue caused Hamilton to stop on his out-lap in FP1. The Briton was then forced to make a long trip back to the paddock where the was rather comically stopped from entering the paddock by a security guard, who presumably upbraided the 2008 champion for not having the correct – Hamilton’s race suit and helmet not being clue enough. The brief halt there didn’t do much for his mood following his on-track stoppage."

http://www.jamesalle...y-in-melbourne/

"At Mercedes, a sensor issue caused Hamilton to stop on his out-lap in FP1. The Briton was then forced to make a long trip back to the paddock where the was rather comically stopped from entering the paddock by a security guard, who presumably upbraided the 2008 champion for not having the correct – Hamilton’s race suit and helmet not being clue enough. The brief halt there didn’t do much for his mood following his on-track stoppage."

There's a word missing there....