Ritchey seatpost

GoatBoy

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the seat post has been dropped of at Solomon's in Woodmead.

My driver will collect it today and I will have a look at it

Shamus Kreuger

BICICLETTA

0861 242483

Thanks Shamus for the info over the phone - I am now armed with a torque wrench (in case I cranked the clamp too tight) and certainly found the hub community comments of great use.

Im 104kg and have been using a carbon seat post for 8 months and apart from some carbon creek now and again, it works perfectly well. Should I come out of consciousness with a carbon stick up my *** I will let you know :o

Im 104kg and have been using a carbon seat post for 8 months and apart from some carbon creek now and again, it works perfectly well. Should I come out of consciousness with a carbon stick up my *** I will let you know :o

Ask your wife to tell us as you might not make it.....

Always wanted to add carbon seatpost and stem to soften up my hardtail ride,but never trusted it,seen people lighter then me shatter stuff to splinters..Carbon splinters in the durf...:lol:

kinda off topic --

"Just imagine now if that fine Superlogic post of yours had ended up in your doet when it broke?"

LOL "no muppets" u know brendan boddy or kev love by any chance only other 2 people i ever hear use the word "doet".But i thought girls had a "doet" and guys have a "durf".. or is the durf between the chode and the sak...???LMAO :lol::P?!

Hmmm toonutz... you lost me there with all that colloquial nether terminology... sorry don't know those fellows, but I'm sure they're from KZN as I got it from a mate from there.

Hmmm toonutz... you lost me there with all that colloquial nether terminology... sorry don't know those fellows, but I'm sure they're from KZN as I got it from a mate from there.

Np bro :D , hadnt heard that term in a while, they jozi skateboard bro's.

Just wanted to provide an update on the topic - Shamus and the guys from Solomon's in Woodmead came back to me on the matter. It was a case of overtightening that stuffed up the seatpost. They were legends however in providing me with a replacement seatpost at a DRASTICALLY reduced price.

So armed with this knowledge (and a torque wrench!) it would appear as my 95kg's was not the problem and therefore supports the view that the heavier guys can still choose the carbon parts.

Thanks to Shamus and Solomon's Woodmead.