XO 10 speed gripshifters

deanbean

I would like to run 1x10 on my single speed under certain conditions, but I want to use my XO gripshifters. Has anyone heard or seen any topics where you can convert the 9sp to 10sp grips. It must be possible as the pull ratio is the same, and the top and bottom gear positions are the same. I know that some company in Spain does conversions for about 120Euro, excluding the cost of the gripshifters, but that is too much hassle. I'd like to do a DIY solution.

Cheers

Dean

a Friend bought a new bike recently with X0 10 speed. He wanted gripshifts but the dealer said that X0 10 speed does not come out with gripshifts only rapidfire. Is that true?

a Friend bought a new bike recently with X0 10 speed. He wanted gripshifts but the dealer said that X0 10 speed does not come out with gripshifts only rapidfire. Is that true?

Yes unfortunately

I talked to the SRAM guy at the Argus Expo and he said that 10 speed grip shifts would be available in SA in June/July

• 4 weeks later...

I talked to the SRAM guy at the Argus Expo and he said that 10 speed grip shifts would be available in SA in June/July

Any news on this? Still looking at June/July?

Has anyone tried DIY-ing their shifters?

The tech guy at SRAM is staying at our guesthouse on Tuesday en route to World Cup will ask him and get back to you guys.

I did speak to him at Epic regarding 10spd Grip shifts but can't rember when they will arrive but they are in the pipe line.

Will also be watching this. Currently running X0 2X10 with gripshift on front and trigger on rear!

Will also be watching this. Currently running X0 2X10 with gripshift on front and trigger on rear!

Install the right grip shift and use it to control the lockout on your fork.

After speaking to the SRAM Tech guy.

It boils downs to the following:

Apparently there is little to no demand for grip shifts in: Australia, New Zealand, the pacific rim and half of Asia, which implies the market is almost non existent in that region.

There is however a demand for grip shifts as we all know, so something is in development but due to the lack of demand in the large region mentioned above not as much developments has gone into it as with the trigger versions of xx x0 x9 and x7 which at this stage compete directly with Shimano Dyna sys Systems.

So as I understand 10spd grip shift will eventually come along but probably not for another year or 2.