New/2nd hand Dual Sus or build or not?

hboli4

Hi All, any comments/suggestions welcome...

Have been thinking of getting a dual sus for a while now. Love the hardtail and have spent countless happy hours on it, but have been battling in some races to keep up with the duals on the downhills and the 6km odd of 'graspol' riding they love to take us over...My hardtail is kitted with XT all round except for the SLX crankset, 100mm Tora fork, all still in good nic.

Should I spend some money and look for a dual sus frame and rear shock and build, rather save some more and buy a 'full' bike(new or used) and still keep the HT or scrap the idea and just enjoy my HT. Also, I'm not too competitive, think the dual sus will be more for comfort than me worried about speed and keeping up in races...

Building from frame is certainly not the cheapest option but possible the most satisfying because you find all the bits on the interweb that are just right for you :)

Building from frame is certainly not the cheapest option but possible the most satisfying because you find all the bits on the interweb that are just right for you :)

Thanks, think it will be a nice project to get into, and I can do the build as I get the bucks...

There were some decent new bikes in the classifieds :thumbup:

Saw those, those prices are actually unbelievable!!! HUGE discounts, unfortunately do not have that kind of cash and they were mostly mediums, would have to be a large.

Saw those, those prices are actually unbelievable!!! HUGE discounts, unfortunately do not have that kind of cash and they were mostly mediums, would have to be a large.

Hi there I have gone 29er and have a 2008/09 large anthem frame pivots just serviced rear shock is rp2 I will sell you the frame with rear shock for 3 grand included will be the xt crank with race face rings and the brand new chain for 4 grand will include xt rd fd and shifters I have plenty other bits and bobs to sweeten the deal

this is an excellent frame and has 3.5inch travel my bike has been serviced locally and if needed I am sure they will provide any ref needed

this is a give away price

if you want pics email me airsup6176@gmail.com or 08244 555 12

Hi there I have gone 29er and have a 2008/09 large anthem frame pivots just serviced rear shock is rp2 I will sell you the frame with rear shock for 3 grand included will be the xt crank with race face rings and the brand new chain for 4 grand will include xt rd fd and shifters I have plenty other bits and bobs to sweeten the deal

this is an excellent frame and has 3.5inch travel my bike has been serviced locally and if needed I am sure they will provide any ref needed

this is a give away price

if you want pics email me airsup6176@gmail.com or 08244 555 12

Thanks, I've dropped you a mail for the pics...

Any comments by some Anthem owners / those in the know? From what I've found on the interweb it sounds like I can't go wrong with an Anthem 1 :) Hopefully me and wapad can do a deal...

Thanks for the :thumbup: Dirt-Rider!!!

Skaap, dit sal ek smaak. Gaan 'n paar Rame kos oor die lange duur maar ek dink dis die ding om te doen...