Cyclist unfriendly establishments

Bennie Dikwiel

This thread is intended for you to list the establishments where cyclists were made aware that they or their bicycles were not welcome. Where possible please give details ie Place, Date, Time, Names so where the establishments would like to comment or attempt to rectify, they could do so.

My 1st as follows:

Place: Beacon Island - Plett

Date: 3 April 2011 @ 14H30

Staff: Porter "Benji"

Manager: "Abraham Jansen"

My wife, a friend and I arrived after doing the Harkerville route (it was a dry day) and wanted to sit outside on the patio to have lunch. We were refused access with 1 bike and were told to leave it down below with the access security. I said that I was scared it was going to be stolen and said that I would prefer to take it around to the grass where we will be sitting. We were told by "Benji" the porter that this is not possible. We asked to see the manager and without greeting or introduction "Abraham Jansen" the duty manager confirmed that the bike was not allowed to be pushed to the grass outside by the patio. Without any alternative and being made quite aware that we were not welcome, we left hungry.

Shame on you Beacon Island!

We as cyclist are not human sub-species and our bicycles do not carry diseases.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude get a life they said you can keep it with the security downstairs. Thats where they keep all the guests bicycles. Its a hotel not a vida why should they have their lawn littered with bikes because you SCARED it will get stolen. If you bothered to look at the way the store the bikes you wouldve enjoyed your lunch and the bike wouldve been fine, so stop being SCARED and wake up before you start naming and shaming.

Why go to places that don't want you? Go somewhere else. They tried to accomodate you by allowing you to leave the bike with security. I think that is pretty reasonable.

http://scienceblogs.com/startswithabang/upload/2010/09/the_new_nu_news/case-closed-stamp.gif

http://scienceblogs.com/startswithabang/upload/2010/09/the_new_nu_news/case-closed-stamp.gif

That is very good!!

Dude get a life they said you can keep it with the security downstairs. Thats where they keep all the guests bicycles. Its a hotel not a vida why should they have their lawn littered with bikes because you SCARED it will get stolen. If you bothered to look at the way the store the bikes you wouldve enjoyed your lunch and the bike wouldve been fine, so stop being SCARED and wake up before you start naming and shaming.

A bit agressive, don't you think.

A bit agressive, don't you think.

The name-calling at the end of the post was out of line. I have deleted it.

Oi Tumbleweed....some agressive people on the Hub today....eh :lol:

Blue Monday, I guess.

Well...sumptin' sure is blue :lol: :lol:

Could be bad bibs methinks :o

Edited by DaLoCo

Oi Tumbleweed....some agressive people on the Hub today....eh :lol:

BIG time... in pretty much all the threads that are running today :blink: . So unnecessary. Just get on your bike and ride dammit!! Take your frustration out on yourself and hurt your legs!

BIG time... in pretty much all the threads that are running today :blink: . So unnecessary. Just get on your bike and ride dammit!! Take your frustration out on yourself and hurt your legs!

I like this, my motto for the week :thumbup:

If you in Plett Double shot Cafe is the place to go!!!! Always Friendly anyway the Beacon Isle for me has changed somewhat from its earlier days.

Sorry bout that was a bit out of line but he sort of asked for it.... :blush:

Blue Monday, I guess.

Post Epic Blues maybe - long wait for the Giro de Italia in May for something decent on TV.