I GOT AN EPIC EARLY BIRD ENTRY.

Mr. G

I need some advice from those who know please.

I went through the early bird entry process for the 2012 Epic so that I would know what to do next year when we had decided to enter. To my surprise I got an early bird entry , I sat there for a few minutes stunned.

I called both prospective partners for 2013 and asked if they could possibly do it next year, but alas no luck.

So my question is , should I take the entry of R35400 and find a partner(which I know is a big decision) or just let it go?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I need some advice from those who know please.

I went through the early bird entry process for the 2012 Epic so that I would know what to do next year when we had decided to enter. To my surprise I got an early bird entry , I sat there for a few minutes stunned.

I called both prospective partners for 2013 and asked if they could possibly do it next year, but alas no luck.

So my question is , should I take the entry of R35400 and find a partner(which I know is a big decision) or just let it go?

Find a partner :thumbup: Nice bit of luck there.

If it's something you have always wanted to do, find that partner, as you might not get another entry again. Most hard core riders would consider you extremely lucky.

I do worry about the right partner bit, but also about getting the other half of the entry fee back ASAP .

Also got one. Whoohoo...now time to get serious with the traiing..I reckon speak with your partners. Once they realise they have a guaranteed spot they would be foolish not to do it if they going to do it the following year. You will just need to be persuasive. :D

Yea man, pay for the entry ... I will ride with you ... without charging you :rolleyes:

There you go then, partner sorted.

Personally I would rather wait for entries to become available by the handfull on the hub closer to the time. This way you can get a entry for less $$$$ as people are desperate to sell. I got 1 last year for just over half the price. People would rather do that than lose all the money.

I would wait, entries are easy to come by.

If this is one of the few special adventures you'd still like to embark on, then go for it.

Check with your loved ones though. The training must be immense.

Personally I would rather wait for entries to become available by the handfull on the hub closer to the time. This way you can get a entry for less $$ as people are desperate to sell. I got 1 last year for just over half the price. People would rather do that than lose all the money.

Last year they sold for hot cakes on the hub, there was one that went for like R2k within that week before the start.

Did not see that many on the hub this year ... wasn't that because the organizers refunded part of the entry fee if you could no longer ride?

Personally I would rather wait for entries to become available by the handfull on the hub closer to the time. This way you can get a entry for less $$$$ as people are desperate to sell. I got 1 last year for just over half the price. People would rather do that than lose all the money.

Really does this happen i thought there was a hundred year waiting list??

I got an entry too :clap::clap::clap:

Also have to find a partner though..... eish R35k is hefty though!

If you can afford it take it

You can always sell it later

Rather take your time and find a suitable partner than the first one who comes along

Good Luck and enjoy it is awesome

You wont be able to get a entry for much cheaper, the organizers take the entry back and pay you the entry minus 10%, I know they gave my money back.

If you can afford it take it

You can always sell it later

Rather take your time and find a suitable partner than the first one who comes along

Good Luck and enjoy it is awesome

Thanks for advice :thumbup: