Which LED LENZER?

Berg Man

Had my first ride with my M7 last night.....on the low setting it was more than adequate :thumbup: . I tried to see what it would look like on the full setting...needless to say, a few motorists were not happy with me :blush:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearly I lost you somewhere...

You up to speed now? :)

:thumbup: missed that last bit where you said you quickly swapped back to AA's for the night shift

Berg man Awesome tools is the distributor but they are USELESS in my opinion.

Gadget shop in Brooklyn PTA and iwarehouse.co.za stock them locally (sure theres more) , try fenix-store.com they have all the stuff and free shipping

Berg man Awesome tools is the distributor but they are USELESS in my opinion.

Gadget shop in Brooklyn PTA and iwarehouse.co.za stock them locally (sure theres more) , try fenix-store.com they have all the stuff and free shipping

Agree, they are useless.

I tried to get a dealership from them a while back for this same reason, I had LOTS of people wanting to buy lights and diving torches etc, it would have made them thousands. But nope, my application was denied as I have to physical SHOP, no location people can drive to. I'm like, wtf people, its the internet age! People order online! Nope, denied.

So ja, stuff them ;)

You could mountain, road, trail, hike, walk, run ... pretty much whatever you like with it :lol:

That H14 looks the business but why am I missing the specks of it on their website? Damit why didnt they have this at the time a bought the H7R?!

post-4352-0-10266800-1302011664.jpg

Edited by Tankman

If you start with the headlamp you can always decide afterwords if you really think a handlebar light is necessary, learn from my mistakes I took a long way round :(

I first got the M7 and mounted that on the handlebar (cant go on helmet).

Then I got swept up in the Magicshine light hype and got the MJ808 with the prospect that it can be fitted on the helmet. That didnt really work, first couple of times I had the light to far forward on the helmet and it kept pulling the helmet down. Moved it to the center, felt much better but after a while of riding it still becomes vrek heavy. Secondly I didnt like the whole cable idea with the battery in one of by back pockets, that is were my food goes :angry: So the MJ808 moved back to the handlebar.

Then I got the Ledlenser H7R, nice and light, very powerful, no cables and best of all when it is running low on power all you need is a usb port to recharge!

All of those are a bit of an overkill but I now use the MJ808 as my main light and switch the H7R on for singletrack or when needed. The M7 serves as my backup and it came in handy when the MJ808 ran out of power the other night 20min from home!

A strobe (flashing) function on the H7R would have been nice cause then you could have used it on early morning rides but not a train smash. When I have the MJ808 & H7R switched On and the M7 on strobe, cars flash back and then get off the road :D

Skype the guys at LedLenserSa if you want more info on the H14

Edited by Tankman

• 4 weeks later...

My H7 fits around my helmet OK - maybe its a helmet shape issue - a small bit of double sided tape may help to hold it in place. The H7 is really awesome and I would seriously recommend it! :thumbup:

I recommend it too. Just came back from a ride with my new H7 - At R375 it is serious value for money as an allround headlamp for cycling, running & fishing. :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

Also got an H7 recently, great value !

However it seems to dim when riding, is it overheating or just that the stock batteries suck ?

never happened to me, sure you are not accidentally hitting the dim lever on the battery pack?

get proper batteries or go and swop it

Interesting thread ... I am also considering the H7/H7R (I use MagicLight on the handlebar) but recently saw the BLACK DIAMOND Storm (new model) and it gives 100 lumens without a separate battery pack! It uses 4xAAA on the light unit itself, so it's much lighter than the H7 and more practical for (for e.g.) mounting on helmet. It's a small and very light (54g without batteries).

A mate of mine uses the Black DIamond Spot (75 lumens), and is very happy - done TBaviaans, Desert Dash and that's all he uses on his regular road/MTB night rides. Very bright, white light, from a 'midget' unit.

Would appreciate any comments/observations if someone else has had experience with the Black Diamond units and how they compare to the H7.

A buddy of mine has one that looks similar to this ... not sure if it is the exact same one or the first one you posted.

I took out my Ledlenser and I was like "you got to see this!" and he was like "what, where?" "Check this out!"

Gave the Ledlenser a hiding... sorry to say but it was much brighter and cheaper.

Are you talking about the LL headlamp (H7R) or the 220 lumen torch (M7)?

You also mention that the M7 cannot be mounted to the helmet, I have managed to do it with cable ties and the supplied belt clip. A bit heavy, but I have moved it more to the centre and now its 100%. With the M7 on the helmet and 1400 (claimed) lumen Magic shine, I have enough light. Will have to figure out a why to increase battery life though. Will not last for the TB, I don't think.

Will have to figure out a way to increase battery life though. Will not last for the TB, I don't think.

Here is you solution boet, just don't speak to me about "Rolling Resistance" :lol:

post-14134-0-02190200-1308420247.jpg