Bottelary Hills MTB Trails

Hellwarp

Been riding here often and I too miss the steep climb that is cut out now, but the new single track is very nice too. Maybe a black route section up the rocky climb and then right at the top to join the new single track? I got me an annual permit now, these trails are so close by and really enjoyable.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the trails again this week after being away for a month or so, and ...

- Work done for the new single track on red route is awesome !

- The new single track on green route - amazing !

- Repairs on green route; down-hill switch-backs are superb !

Thanks guys - these trails are magic !

• 2 weeks later...

Did the green route yesterday afternoon, I must say the single track is awesome...

I have never tried the other routes, not even the longer green route...does it get better than the short green route?

Edited by Hearts*

Did the green route yesterday afternoon, I must say the single track is awesome...

I have never tried the other routes, not even the longer green route...does it get better than the short green route?

No not much, but there is a nice purple/red loop with good st and a climb just before you join the green loop from the red from Overgauw`s side.

Edited by Berg Bok

If you want to ride almost all of the single track, you must do the long green route - this option includes the 1,5 km forest single track on the red route as well (I assume you started at either Hazendal or Zevenwacht if you only did the green route).

Best ride however is to do green and red combined from Hazendal - see website for distance and profile.

I start from home in Kuilsriver, so it is a nice climb to get to the Zevenwacht start...when I have more time I will definately try the red loop included.

My trail starts at the Zevenwacht country estate entrance to Zevenwacht farm, there is a nice proper forest trail(very messy however after rainfall)...it has ramps built there and I've seen bikers using it for jumps...

• 3 weeks later...

Rode the green route early on Sunday. ST quite wet in places, but holding up remarkably well. Some muddy patches caused traction problems, but all in all very enjoyable. The last part of the green route ST through the trees proved to be the trickiest bit: water damage + loose branches = adrenalin rush !

Last time I was out on the trail was just before construction started on the new red route single track. :blush:

I trust the new trail stood the test of all the recent rain.

Looking forward to trying out the new sections soon!

I hope part of the future plans include extending the purple single track to avoid going up the road from where the ST ends now to return to Middelvlei.

Keep up the good work! :clap:

Last time I was out on the trail was just before construction started on the new red route single track. :blush:

I trust the new trail stood the test of all the recent rain.

Looking forward to trying out the new sections soon!

I hope part of the future plans include extending the purple single track to avoid going up the road from where the ST ends now to return to Middelvlei.

Keep up the good work! :clap:

Be careful when taking the "shortcut to the red route" from the green route Zevenwaght, just after the long climb next to the fence, you turn left into the "shortcut to the red route", you go downhill with the little bumps in the road, then a slight right turn still going down, here is a dangerous rut on the left hand side of the road, but it is bunny-hoppable, but not easily seen.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to thank Dirtman for taking me out on these routes in August.

I was blown away by the beautiful scenery.

And was pleasantly surprised by the varying terrain and climbs over the 40km we did.

A proper balanced route (Green - Red - Green I think) for training and understanding what MTB'ing is actually about.

Well done on an excellently routed course!

Attached is some photos I took.

post-17444-0-01612900-1347531000.jpg

post-17444-0-49997100-1347531009.jpg

post-17444-0-99102300-1347531016.jpg

post-17444-0-20172000-1347531026.jpg

post-17444-0-42078700-1347531032.jpg

post-17444-0-08680700-1347531042.jpg

post-17444-0-31607500-1347531053.jpg

post-17444-0-57172200-1347531074.jpg

I don't ride there often enough, but it is definately my most favorite trails in the area (even though Meerendal is basicaly in my back yard)

I don't ride there often enough, but it is definately my most favorite trails in the area (even though Meerendal is basicaly in my back yard)

Keen on doing a ride this saturday?

Keen on doing a ride this saturday?

Already planned a ride with Vaalkol to Riebeeck Kasteel and surrounds.

Next time. :thumbup:

Hey Wannabe, does Vaalkol have a personalised numberplate with the same name? Saw it on the road today and was wondering... or is it somebody else?