Pic from our commute this morning

Hairy

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely MTB.

We ride medium paced and wait at certain spots for everyone to catchup and take pics. Some guys are in training for a big race coming up and others are only there to get to the coffee shop in a group as its more fashionable.

Route is Table Mountain so a bit loose in some parts, steep in others, tarred on some.

Definitely MTB.

We ride medium paced and wait at certain spots for everyone to catchup and take pics. Some guys are in training for a big race coming up and others are only there to get to the coffee shop in a group as its more fashionable.

Route is Table Mountain so a bit loose in some parts, steep in others, tarred on some.

hey that sounds really cool. i've been five years here in cape town and have never ridden table mountain :blush: .

i'm just afraid medium pace for you guys is break neck speed for me.

i commute from milnerton ridge - so will prolly hook up at paddocks intersection if i do join?

gonna try re-seat them nobby tyres tonite. currently have slicks on 'cause of teh argus.

interesting... mtb or road bikes? what is the route like? and how fast do you guys ride?

MTB's, there is a reasonable amount of climbing on Table Mountain, with the ride not being overly technical in any way ......... we ride as fast as the slowest rider.

hey that sounds really cool. i've been five years here in cape town and have never ridden table mountain :blush: .

i'm just afraid medium pace for you guys is break neck speed for me.

i commute from milnerton ridge - so will prolly hook up at paddocks intersection if i do join?

gonna try re-seat them nobby tyres tonite. currently have slicks on 'cause of teh argus.

Hey Mock ... I think you would be ok fitness wise, just get that GT to look like a real bike again by taking off those roadie tyres

Hey Mock ... I think you would be ok fitness wise, just get that GT to look like a real bike again by taking off those roadie tyres

i hope so.

hey howsit jerome :-) haha... its the 'weekend bike' - the trance... that has the slicks on at the moment... i think i'd rather ride that tomorrow? ...if i do wake up in time.

the GT commuter still got nobbies :-)

ok what time is best to wait @woodbridge?

Can't exactly get a ride to work because work is 5 minutes away but I get a ride before work when I can. Also sometimes take the kids to school on the bike then ride to work which can be a logistical nightmare but way more fun for everyone ...

post-5576-0-46875800-1331647571.jpg

post-5576-0-23070900-1331647587.jpg

That's some seriaas niceness, hairy. Thanks for sharing.

My morning commute looked kinda like this:

post-29544-0-13908400-1331714143.jpg

Thanks Bushcamp

This morning was a really special day on the mountain, with the weather being absolutely perfect and a group of riders that clicked well and show a good sense of humour.

A great morning out on the bike!

Randburg Mall Taxi Rank - food court

Not as glamorous as the rest of the photos but it was an unusual setting for me to find myself in.

On my way home yesterday afternoon I stopped in at the Vehicle Licencing Department in Randburg to renew my driver's licence.The whole process took all of 10 minutes :thumbup: so I decided to buy myself a coke before heading home.

The taxi rank is right next door so I bought a coke and sat down and watched the people going home.

post-43-0-50373800-1331808708.jpg

Edited by I FLY