Ironman Photos

Cyclejourno

I can do photos for about half a dozen athletes this weeekend. I just need their race numbers and a few ETA's at certain markers. Cost for unlimited high rez pictures R500 apiece.

Probably R500 per person and not per pic, but even that is still freakin expensive! I can get my own photographer to do that and edit the pictures for less!Rip-off if you ask me.

Probably R500 per person and not per pic, but even that is still freakin expensive! I can get my own photographer to do that and edit the pictures for less!Rip-off if you ask me.

That's the problem everyone thinks they can take photos and then they cry like babies when they have no photos.

R500 for your own personal pics is NOT expensive.The OP has some awesome photos and i have seen some of his work.

Really hey ;)

Really hey ;)

It's R500 per person. That's to cover my expenses driving to PE from Cape Town. Ironman is a tough gig, you're out there all day and it's a long day. I usually charge about R2000 for an ordinary portfolio which is about 2 hours phototgraphy work. Non photographers - some anyway - often think if you have a camera you're a photographer. Most people can't edit and take rubbish photos. I've done the Ironman so I know it's worth good, quality memories, and as it happens, I have no decent photos of mine. But looks like I won't be covering it this year. Pity, should be a massive showdown between Tissink and Cunnama. Would have liked to have seen it. http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_NoaIBawRd-4/TElaxbdspuI/AAAAAAAAOPU/u4j5g88apqw/s640/iron+101-1.jpg

Edited by Cyclejourno

• 2 weeks later...

It's R500 per person. That's to cover my expenses driving to PE from Cape Town. Ironman is a tough gig, you're out there all day and it's a long day. I usually charge about R2000 for an ordinary portfolio which is about 2 hours phototgraphy work. Non photographers - some anyway - often think if you have a camera you're a photographer. Most people can't edit and take rubbish photos. I've done the Ironman so I know it's worth good, quality memories, and as it happens, I have no decent photos of mine. But looks like I won't be covering it this year. Pity, should be a massive showdown between Tissink and Cunnama. Would have liked to have seen it. http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_NoaIBawRd-4/TElaxbdspuI/AAAAAAAAOPU/u4j5g88apqw/s640/iron+101-1.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-G4qsuJpOf78/Tass6L7eBeI/AAAAAAAAQZA/QMxCgLfL6wA/s400/IMG_6209.JPG

a photo from today's SA Duathlon Champs.

Guest agteros

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-G4qsuJpOf78/Tass6L7eBeI/AAAAAAAAQZA/QMxCgLfL6wA/s400/IMG_6209.JPG

a photo from today's SA Duathlon Champs.

Dude, get your facts right. SA duathlon champs only happen on 18 June 2011. Provinces have not even had their provincial champs.

The photo above was taken at the second event of the Momentum i-flex Duathlon, which took place at Zevenwacht Estate, where Carla van Huysteen won the ladies event.

The photo shows Carla , having a 'dilemma' (Innov-8's word) choosing between red or blac F-Lite 195's. Great publicity stunt to tell the world that they now have the shoe in red as well....

I guess its too late now but at R2000 for a 2 hour shoot you will be better of to do 4 shoots at home than driving all the way to PE.

As the Company (FinisherPix) that took the official photos are an overseas based Company, all purchase are based in either US Dollars or Euros.

Costs for a single downloaded image is (at R7:$1) R 167.65, whilst downloading all pictures taken amounts to R 560.