26er Losing All Value

RexFuzzle

Ok, so normally in life when there is a newer better thing out there(29er), the old thing (26er) loses a lot of value and you can pick one up for a bargain. The question is, are people just keeping their 26ers and buying a 29er too or are they trying to sell their 26ers for too much? This debate could very easily descend into anarchy because i said that 29er are taking over, but that I feel is just a fact. :unsure:

Anyways, point being, I'm still young and poor, when will i get a really lekker 26er bike for nowhere near it's original value?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok your assumption that the 29er is taking "over" is wrong ! 90% weekend riders out there have never heard of a 29er !!!

Ask the Fluckiger brothers if 26ers are losing their value.

+

Like to bet what they will ride next year?

Ok, so normally in life when there is a newer better thing out there(29er), the old thing (26er) loses a lot of value and you can pick one up for a bargain. The question is, are people just keeping their 26ers and buying a 29er too or are they trying to sell their 26ers for too much? This debate could very easily descend into anarchy because i said that 29er are taking over, but that I feel is just a fact. :unsure:

Anyways, point being, I'm still young and poor, when will i get a really lekker 26er bike for nowhere near it's original value?

Wouldn't say better, just different. ;)

Cant wait, does this mean we will get stupid low deals on forks, wheels and frames from hubbers and LBS's. Let it begin already I say.

26'ers are dead!

Cant wait, does this mean we will get stupid low deals on forks, wheels and frames from hubbers and LBS's. Let it begin already I say.

26'ers are dead!

Yeah, I agree. Follow the herd, baaaaa baaaaaa baaaa.

Yeah, I agree. Follow the herd, baaaaa baaaaaa baaaa.

Demmit, you are seeing right through my cunning plan...Soon we will be able to pick up carbon s-works/scalpels/o-nines/96'ers for nothing.

Demmit, you are seeing right through my cunning plan...Soon we will be able to pick up carbon s-works/scalpels/o-nines/96'ers for nothing.

I'm watching you like a hawk :rolleyes:

I agree please bring on all the cheap useless piece of junk 26r stuff already ;):)

I hope Morewood drop the Zula price by 50% .

+

Like to bet what they will ride next year?

Ja a Trek....

...29er.

Road a 29er still prefer my 26er... Still a much more exciting ride :) my 2c worth :clap: :clap: !!! Wont be converting for awhile!!!

ja speaking of that.

anyone got a decent race condition v-brake fork lying around collecting dust?