Recommended Bike Stands

Handlebar

I'm looking for a bike stand for servicing/cleaning. Can anybody recommend something. Somebody was selling stands at the Crater Cruise last year which looked pretty neat but I missed him when I went back for another look.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For cleaning you ideally want to remove both wheels.

The locally-made Strides stand is made from steel and electroplated. It works nicely as a wash/work stand.

If you want to spend more money, go for the Topeak stand. It is made from aluminium and very portable.

I've washed and serviced hundreds, perhaps thousands of bikes on both and they do the job.

Go look an chain reaction cycles.they have all sorts of different ones to choose from

Googled CRC and all I got was complaints from people who've used them

For cleaning you ideally want to remove both wheels.

The locally-made Strides stand is made from steel and electroplated. It works nicely as a wash/work stand.

If you want to spend more money, go for the Topeak stand. It is made from aluminium and very portable.

I've washed and serviced hundreds, perhaps thousands of bikes on both and they do the job.

Thanks Johan, that looks like the Beezneez. I'll give them a ring in the am. Any idea what they go for

Googled CRC and all I got was complaints from people who've used them

Depending on your search terms, you'd likely find the same for every shop on the planet.

The general sentiment on the Hub is that CRC is exceptional, especially when compared to most local alternatives.

Thanks Johan, that looks like the Beezneez. I'll give them a ring in the am. Any idea what they go for

Topeak or Strides?

Strides...RRP R1095...pm me for info.

Depending on your search terms, you'd likely find the same for every shop on the planet.

The general sentiment on the Hub is that CRC is exceptional, especially when compared to most local alternatives.

Posted 18 February 2011 - 01:07 PM

Just a word of warning, recently ordered from Chain Reaction Cycles...

I bought the Topeak from CRC, 7 days later it was here. Portable and light, also has carry bag. There is an optional scale.

Cuts my cleaning time of bike and drivetrain to less than half because the bike is at a better height and stable

Posted 18 February 2011 - 01:07 PM

Just a word of warning, recently ordered from Chain Reaction Cycles...

*shrug* I'm sure the same thread had hordes of people coming out to defend CRC by recounting their tales of successful orders.

I bought the Topeak from CRC, 7 days later it was here. Portable and light, also has carry bag. There is an optional scale.

Cuts my cleaning time of bike and drivetrain to less than half because the bike is at a better height and stable

Posted 04 December 2010 - 12:49 PM

View PostCC307, on 04 December 2010 - 11:56 AM, said:

Does anyone have advice or experience on buying through www.chainreactioncycles.com? a few of my friends and I are interested in purchasing some items from them. we aim to push the purchase price over R3000.00 because they then ship free of charge.

there prices on shoes and helmets are a steal, especially if buying the same item in SA.

comments would be appreciated.

Chris_W's reply

Here you go

Attached image(s)

?????????

post-19388-0-58234800-1302637680.jpg

Edited by Handlebar

Did the Vaseline make it a more pleasurable purchasing experience for you?

Did the Vaseline make it a more pleasurable purchasing experience for you?

You probably missed the part in the question about the excellent deals on helmets and shoes, both of which would attract significant duties - hence the vaseline.

You probably missed the part in the question about the excellent deals on helmets and shoes, both of which would attract significant duties - hence the vaseline.

I think he did miss that, I couldn't work out how the post was relevant to the really good deal I got on the bike stand.

I have these arrow shaped rubber straps that I hang my bike up with on the washing line. Does not work too great if you remove the fork to service the headset.