Another hijacking

sias

Where and how do you carry a gun while riding/running?

I have often thought about this. When they bike-jacked me 2 weeks ago, the first thing they do is go through your shirt pockets. You would need to have the gun under your shirt somewhere?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet to hear a story of a white guy hi-jacking anything.

I hear what you say, my point I tried to make was that I don't see these black guys riding these bike for normal commutes. So they must be selling them....and to Who...this could be a white guy...stripping ..rebuilding..

possibly a shop..a hubber...who knows???

So they must be selling them....and to Who...this could be a white guy...stripping ..rebuilding..

Hence the words: "may God have mercy on the white f...". I will not have mercy on him - he is lower than malema...

Like I have mentioned before a few months ago , I have seen A bike shop where these bikes are being sold from . Not stripped but complete with your Polar, saddle bag or whatever still on the bike . I have not been back to the area in a few months so don't know what new stock they may carry !

Sorry to hear about this. Hope everyone involved is okay.

This situation is getting out of hand, how the f#ck are we supposed to enjoy or chosen sport / hobby if we fear for our lives when cycling.

These days I am less worried about getting hit by a vehicle and more worried abour being ambushed, breaking a leg or arm (maybe neck) in the process and being left in the middle of nowhere while some f#ck makes of with my bike to sell it for a few hundred bucks.

How can we put a stop to this?

Personally I am against the idea of carrying a firearm while cycling but if that is what I need to do in order to protect myself so be it.

Currently trying to get my girlfriend involved in cycling but if this trend continues there is no way, if they ambush us, god knows what they will do to her while I am held at gun / knife point.

F#ck this

Where and how do you carry a gun while riding/running?

I have often thought about this. When they bike-jacked me 2 weeks ago, the first thing they do is go through your shirt pockets. You would need to have the gun under your shirt somewhere?

You can buy special leather pocket holsters which protect the trigger guard lie flat against the body but allow you to draw fairly quickly.

Obviously its designed to fit in a pocket, so I just drop it in my cycle jersey pocket or my waist pack when running far, if its just a 5km around the community then naturally I dont take a waist pack or a gun, I am talking longer distances on quiet roads.

I dont think it would be easy to wear under a shirt, maybe, I've never tried.

I guess you can only pray it doesnt happen to you, if it happened to me and he gets my bike, good on him!! but having said this if he tries and is unsuccessful by any means and I get the better of him I can assure you that his next trip will be to a morgue in a body bag when someone finds the body on the trail. :angry:

I'll come clean... I've done my share of thread hijacking, but then my name is jack anyway...

No disrespect meant and sorry to hear about this latest event tho...

I hear what you say, my point I tried to make was that I don't see these black guys riding these bike for normal commutes. So they must be selling them....and to Who...this could be a white guy...stripping ..rebuilding..

100% These bikes are all being stolen to order, the orders are coming from a king pin( that person could be of whatever race) These bikes are being sold by shops & dealers, not off the back a truck or something. Whoever is involved has extensive knowledge of bicycles.

The guy that had that bike in his shop that had been stolen the day before needs to go down, can't plead ignorance. Don't care how "nice" someone seems either.

Yeah, maybe, but I think a lot is just opportunistic, cyclists are easy targets unlike motorists, we ride in quiet areas with little traffic, early in the morning or late evening and bikes parts have no identification so they are easy to dispose of.

Obviously somebody buys the parts, but I doubt its a highly organised ring, I think its a loose association and the purchasers are mostly cyclists themselves.

Surprised,.....dont be, thousands of TV's for eg are stolen annually, most are sold on the black market direct to other consumers, no shops involved, same as car and truck parts, camera's, all electronic goods, shoes, cell phones etc.

The first time I was hijacked was by three white guys.

The first time I was hijacked was by three white guys.

Really ? You not thinking of a pub brawl where you just lost your wallet and bike ?

To ride alone is to die alone !! :angry:

I'm sitting with a scars from riding alone !!!

BEWARE !!!

There must be someone out there buying these bikes !! and I'm gonna find him !!! ( and my EX7)