Morewood Zula fork length advise

banna

Instead of going to a flat bar, just drop the height of the stem by a couple of spacers and if you are already at the lowest it can go and you want to drop it a little more then just flip the stem so that it has a negative rise.

Ja good idea. I wonder if flipping the stem around puts extra stress on the stem (especially carbon one's)?

I'm currently riding an Anthem X with the Reba Team 115mm fork. I found it stabilised the handling and it feels a lot better on the descents. Also currently riding with a flat bar, so I'm essentially in the same position as I was prior to the change.

Ja good idea. I wonder if flipping the stem around puts extra stress on the stem (especially carbon one's)?

can't answer that, but I had it like this on a silly build before where I was running a 140mm fork on a old steel frame designed around a rigid steel fork ... I needed to get the front end low and it worked a charm.

If you look at a couple of the top end 29'er racing rigs that the international boys/girls are riding, many of them invert the stems to get the front end low.

The SID is just too stiff/harsh.

I got the 140 revelation.

Just put a SID on and its 100 travel. Was considering doing the 120 but only if its worth it. Strange you say the shock is very stiff. compared to the REBA I found the same. I had put it down to air pressure. Will also have it serviced as they can be finnicky about oil levels.

I got the 140 revelation.

Just put a SID on and its 100 travel. Was considering doing the 120 but only if its worth it. Strange you say the shock is very stiff. compared to the REBA I found the same. I had put it down to air pressure. Will also have it serviced as they can be finnicky about oil levels.

I have to ride the SID with so much sag to make it feel a bit softer, that I bottom it out when I do a bit of a bigger drop or jump. In my book that's not the way a fork is supposed to work.

I have to ride the SID with so much sag to make it feel a bit softer, that I bottom it out when I do a bit of a bigger drop or jump. In my book that's not the way a fork is supposed to work.

have you played with the positive and negative settings (Not the settings they recommend) yet?

I played a little with the air (Same pressure as my REBA) and it didnt feel good. I am going to ride it for a few days then see if its still stiff as I think it could also be the lockout. If i dont come right I( am going to contact my LBS

have you played with the positive and negative settings (Not the settings they recommend) yet?

Ja jeepers, I'm running the fork pressures miles below their recommended pressure. I have it at 80/70 psi (positive/negative) vs recommended pressure of 130/120 for my weight. I think the problem is that I want the SID to feel like a trail fork, which it's obviously not.

Ja jeepers, I'm running the fork pressures miles below their recommended pressure. I have it at 80/70 psi (positive/negative) vs recommended pressure of 130/120 for my weight. I think the problem is that I want the SID to feel like a trail fork, which it's obviously not.

My last pitch for this one ... have you fiddled with the floodgate settings. I am sure you have though since you seem to fiddle with the fork.

Is there just stiction in the beginning of the stroke or is it through out. The RS forks need good maintenance on the small volume of oil to be found to the legs to keep them smooth.

My last pitch for this one ... have you fiddled with the floodgate settings. I am sure you have though since you seem to fiddle with the fork.

Is there just stiction in the beginning of the stroke or is it through out. The RS forks need good maintenance on the small volume of oil to be found to the legs to keep them smooth.

I've tried everything. It's not that it's sticky, it's just a hard(er) ride. The only thing that softens it up a bit is slowing down the rebound, but I don't like to ride with slow rebound on the front. Very dangerous when riding in rocky/rooty areas! Nah boet, I luv my Revelation, but the SID is just not for me.

I found the spring rate being different when riding my reba at 120mm almost had me over the front on one or two ocasions.. also it didnt climb well like that. I set mine back to 100mm

• 4 weeks later...

Just to report back that I finally changed the SID on my Zula to a Fox F120. Riding with a low rize bar. Chalk and cheese. The 120mm absolutely transforms the bike. With the SID the bike always felt jittery no matter how soft I tried to ride the fork. The 120mm is just so smooth in comparison. Takes away all the trail chatter. I now have a race and a trail bike all in one. Now the trouble is, that I'm riding the Zula as hard as my AM bike! But hey, it can take it.

And for the weight weenies out there, the change from 100mm to 120mm added 1 gram to the weight. ;)

• 4 years later...

Just to report back that I finally changed the SID on my Zula to a Fox F120. Riding with a low rize bar. Chalk and cheese. The 120mm absolutely transforms the bike. With the SID the bike always felt jittery no matter how soft I tried to ride the fork. The 120mm is just so smooth in comparison. Takes away all the trail chatter. I now have a race and a trail bike all in one. Now the trouble is, that I'm riding the Zula as hard as my AM bike! But hey, it can take it.

And for the weight weenies out there, the change from 100mm to 120mm added 1 gram to the weight. wink.png

so 5 years down the line, and I am sure you no longer have the Zula, but how would you recon the Zula would roll with a 140mm fork?