Thursday Night Rides- The Vlei. Alberton

THABA TRAILS

We are presently starting at 6pm.We have no routes that we follow as there are no other cyclists on the park. Experiance the thrill of night riding. As we get bigger groups we will self seed with groups of same ability but for now we ride at the pace of the slowest rider. Come join us as we will keep going through the winter. Usually end at about 8pm sometimes a bit later :drool:

Probably the normal entry fee of R20 odd rand. A bargain for the awesome trails that Wendell and his team build, maintain and improve consistently.

As well as excellent experience for the 24hr, :-)

The Thursday night rides are a blast, seeing as there are no other riders out there is the opportunity to do tracks that are not normally done as well as changing directions etc (what was a hectic climb can quite easily become a awesome drop off, ;-))

Standard entry to the park of R20 at the gate (alternatively you can buy a card with 10 entries for R150 i think)

Correction, its R25 entry payable at the shop and not at the gate.

Edited by Bobbo_SA

Really enjoyed the night ride done tonight. Split into 2 bunches which allowed the faster and slower riders to enjoy the track. Was awesome doing the new "Japanese Garden" track for the first time (Should have done it first in normal light) and then the forest in reverse to the 24hr. Will be back next week for some more fun

How many people were there last week? I wanted to come but figured that a bike light was prolly minimum requirement.

Since bought a Serfas True 250 that seems to have the power of a searchlight from a WWII pow camp, though slightly lighter (pardon da pun).

So, looking forward to this week's bash.

Hey Guys, glad to see you enjoying the night rides as well as the new Japanese Garden. On Thursday as a warm up I will show you the proposed route for the night racing we are starting on the 19th.See our web site for details.www.thecyclehub.co.za Basically a load of fun for all levels of riders.

How many people were there last week? I wanted to come but figured that a bike light was prolly minimum requirement.

Since bought a Serfas True 250 that seems to have the power of a searchlight from a WWII pow camp, though slightly lighter (pardon da pun).

So, looking forward to this week's bash.

Not sure if you really after an answer to the opening question, but we were about 5 guys going bit quicker, about 5+ okes in the middle and a couple of peeps bringing up the rear.

But the NB thing is everybody enjoyed it.

Sadly cannot make it this week otherwise I'm going to try make it every week.

Not sure if you really after an answer to the opening question, but we were about 5 guys going bit quicker, about 5+ okes in the middle and a couple of peeps bringing up the rear.........

But the NB thing is everybody enjoyed it.....

Sure did, thanks (but was excited about the new light :blush: ).

I think i'll be getting acquainted with the two rear peeps then.

Missed last weeks ride, but definitely coming through tonight... Hope you're all racing next week???

Hey guys

I did the last two night rides & they were awesome...

The group is split into ability so it is good riding for everyone...Also good to get an idea of the routes before the racing starts

Last night's turn out was awesome, sure there must have been at least 30+ people riding, split up into 2 main groups, :-)

Turns out that its a really good idea to make sure your batteries are sufficiently charged before going out, at one stage I was riding with what seemed to be a mini Bic lighter strapped to the front, not so cool, thanks to those in front and behind me for keeping the trail lit up though.

Anyone know where we can find out more details about the night racing series? race times, rules, costs etc?