Rider Down

Java001

what a chop!! If I was no.60, I will wait till i recover from my collarbone....I will then get him outside the Velodrome for the next nationals and beet the sh*t out of him, I will damage both his knees...

Watch out for him at the PPA races also, he is probably the idiot who is all over in the bunches....

If he can't get a lifetime ban...make sure you take him out of cycling for life...

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what a chop!! If I was no.60, I will wait till i recover from my collarbone....I will then get him outside the Velodrome for the next nationals and beet the sh*t out of him, I will damage both his knees...

No way, you'd go up for assault that way.

Wait till you're racing on the road, and put him in the pavement.

No way, you'd go up for assault that way.

Wait till you're racing on the road, and put him in the pavement.

Well it will have to be when going descending down bainskloof or something....so u sure he will fall down the mountain....

Ok, I am not a track cyclist. Nor do support this kind of behaviour, but ending a kids carrier at that age because he is hot headed is harsh.

HOWEVER, if it were me...6 month ban and covering of full medical & damage costs for the injury & equipment (make the kid work at Mikes Kitchen or something - cleaning frozen prawns...hey it paid for my first road bike). Return to the sport after 6 month (because you have the potential it seems), but attendance ban on your family for a further 6 months on all SA events and if you get caught again in any cycling discipline - then you are out permanently and cover any damage costs in full to others. As a gag on your family as it seems they affect you at races, so bring them into play to effect another ban?

Think about it, you (finger pointing towards the eyes behind the screen) probably did not give a toss about much at that age, neither did you care about repercussions (spelling??). The kid has got to learn somehow. If you chuck him out without anything to work towards and agonise over, will he learn? Open question that one....

But as I said, I don't know the discipline or the laaitjie. Consider this me being devils advocate and interested in debate about the subject as I would like to become informed....

Ok, I am not a track cyclist. Nor do support this kind of behaviour, but ending a kids carrier at that age because he is hot headed is harsh.

HOWEVER, if it were me...6 month ban and covering of full medical & damage costs for the injury & equipment (make the kid work at Mikes Kitchen or something - cleaning frozen prawns...hey it paid for my first road bike). Return to the sport after 6 month (because you have the potential it seems), but attendance ban on your family for a further 6 months on all SA events and if you get caught again in any cycling discipline - then you are out permanently and cover any damage costs in full to others. As a gag on your family as it seems they affect you at races, so bring them into play to effect another ban?

Think about it, you (finger pointing towards the eyes behind the screen) probably did not give a toss about much at that age, neither did you care about repercussions (spelling??). The kid has got to learn somehow. If you chuck him out without anything to work towards and agonise over, will he learn? Open question that one....

But as I said, I don't know the discipline or the laaitjie. Consider this me being devils advocate and interested in debate about the subject as I would like to become informed....

Oh, please. Take your rational, considered, level-headed comments and find another forum.

Well it will have to be when going descending down bainskloof or something....so u sure he will fall down the mountain....

and the true gauteng spirit comes out. Maybe all the guys in CT are really just softies on the inside. The first rule in racing is "do unto others, before they do unto you". Simple equation, either he falls or you fall. For everynes safety rather let him fall in the first few km's of the race.

Oh, please. Take your rational, considered, level-headed comments and find another forum.

I know there always has to be one oke who asks the normal questions....

Ok how about - FLAME THE LITTLE F@KKER AT THE STAKE!

Better?

Yeah, it was a tongue in cheek sorta comment. Don't get your panties in a bunch.

What I don't get is if this guy is such a menace, why haven't the riders sorted him out?

TNT, I saw the accident happen from a distance of about 10 metres away and realised that serious injury e.g. brain damage could easily have occurred - "tongue in cheek" from anyone was therefore never going to be a response I enjoyed or found appropriate, given the circumstances. So yes, will get my panties in a bunch about it, which is sort of the whole point of the post, don't ya think?

As to why others have not sorted him out - he is apparently a talented rider, so no doubt has a fan club including his parents and family who all seem quite involved in WP Cycling circles. Then there is the CSA angle .............. With all this talent it is hard to imagine why he seems to have had the need to build up a bad reputation for himself. I am pretty sure he had the talent to beat no 60 fair and square.

Another explanation offered by bystanders was that him and his parents come from poor and badly disadvantaged backgrounds, where with limited education the only way they knew how to get things or achieve something, was to fight

What a chop. Agree with TNT here the cyclists must sort this out because the kid will not learn anything from this because he is clearly going to get away with this, due to 'politics' which is absolute bulls@#t. The rider who broke his collar bone father was also taken out in another race (Wayne Pheiffer) and also broke his collar bone. Its pathetic that nothing gets done about things like this because it just gets worse from here.

Isn't there some sort of citing process that they can report the kid to like they have in rugby. There should be enough footage to back-up a prolonged ban until this kid gets his head on straight.

TNT, I saw the accident happen from a distance of about 10 metres away and realised that serious injury e.g. brain damage could easily have occurred - "tongue in cheek" from anyone was therefore never going to be a response I enjoyed or found appropriate, given the circumstances. So yes, will get my panties in a bunch about it, which is sort of the whole point of the post, don't ya think?

As to why others have not sorted him out - he is apparently a talented rider, so no doubt has a fan club including his parents and family who all seem quite involved in WP Cycling circles. Then there is the CSA angle .............. With all this talent it is hard to imagine why he seems to have had the need to build up a bad reputation for himself. I am pretty sure he had the talent to beat no 60 fair and square.

Another explanation offered by bystanders was that him and his parents come from poor and badly disadvantaged backgrounds, where with limited education the only way they knew how to get things or achieve something, was to fight

But that's what track is about...no? Seriously, from the three pics I've seen, it looks like he is pushing away a rider who is about to cut into him, rather than pulling someone down.

This spectacular picture taken at recent SA Track Champs in Bellville show rider 60, Shane Pheiffer’s handlebar being grabbed by rider 65, Bradwin Daniels, after some bumping and shoving. The result was, as intended, a pretty serious high speed fall from which Pheiffer was extremely fortunate to walk away with only a broken collar bone.

Now, this is the bit we are missing. Some "bumping and shoving". Just from rider #65?

But that's what track is about...no? Seriously, from the three pics I've seen, it looks like he is pushing away a rider who is about to cut into him, rather than pulling someone down.

OK

Did he really have enough talent to beat no. 60? I dont think so thats why he has resulted in this kind of behavior because no. 60 is also a very good cyclist and clearly was a threat to him.

And i am tired of people playing the previously disadvantaged card. Every sporting organisation in this country are taking care of them and giving them skills and training to compete with 'advantaged' athletes. So that is just rubbish if thats what peoples conclusions are on this matter

OK

I'm not condoning the behaviour. See my follow-up post. Track is vicious. I'm relying on pics and your recollection here.