Durbanville Mtb Night Rides

Wannabe

Is this on road or mtb, I will be keen to join :thumbup:

MTB - but last time I joined it was on farm roads and tar - no technical stuff in the dark :-)

Yes, it is a ride in the dark on Mtb's on (or next to) the meridan and then gravel roads.

No "off road" riding, for that you will have to join the Meerendal rides on a Thursday.

Idea is to keep the legs going and maintain the fitness levels.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it is a ride in the dark on Mtb's on (or next to) the meridan and then gravel roads.

No "off road" riding, for that you will have to join the Meerendal rides on a Thursday.

Idea is to keep the legs going and maintain the fitness levels.

I'm keen for that :thumbup: I do the Thursday Meerendal rides as it is, I've been looking for a ride to join for another night during the week. Where exactly do you ride, what's the planned route? Would it be safe to ride to the start from Woodbridge Island and then back later at night by myself.

Is there a Wednesday organised off-road night ride in Durbanville Hills?

Sorry for all the questions. :whistling:

Caerus.

Not too sure how safe it would be to cycle to and fro from Woodbridge. Going back after 8 might be a bit dodgy.

Don't know how well you know the area, but we normaly follow the same route, we just switch from clockwise to anti clockwise every so often.

We start at the Durbanville Highschool, go down Koeberg rd past D'Urbanvale. We turn right onto Spes Bona gravel rd to to Klipheuwel rd where we turn left towards the Silo's. At the Silo's we go left for a few 100 meters where we go left again on the Occultdale rd (gravel again) till we get to Koeberg rd again, where we make a left turn back to the start.

It works out at about 50% gravel / tar mix.

Edited by Wannabe

Caerus.

Not too sure how safe it would be to cycle to and fro from Woodbridge. Going back after 8 might be a bit dodgy.

Don't know how well you know the area, but we normaly follow the same route, we just switch from clockwise to anti clockwise every so often.

We start at the Durbanville Highschool, go down Koeberg rd past D'Urbanvale. We turn right onto Spes Bona gravel rd to to Klipheuwel rd where we turn left towards the Silo's. At the Silo's we go left for a few 100 meters where we go left again on the Occultdale rd (gravel again) till we get to Koeberg rd again, where we make a left turn back to the start.

It works out at about 50% gravel / tar mix.

After some research I now realise that there is a Koeberg rd in Durbanville, as well as in Milnerton :wacko: I'll have to drive to get to this Koeberg Rd.

After some research I now realise that there is a Koeberg rd in Durbanville, as well as in Milnerton :wacko: I'll have to drive to get to this Koeberg Rd.

So true. The Durbanville part in the thread heading should have been a clue, though. :whistling: :D <_<

But you can still join us.

Just yanking your chain. Know you are new in the area and not sure about the layout of the different areas.

Edited by Wannabe

I am definitely keen to join...

Working in Montague Gardens, so will cycle from home to there in the am... Then after work to DBN'Ville and the correct "Koeberg road" ... cycle with you guys and then cycle home..

Caerus,

Get in touch and we can plan to ride together if you'd like. I do the same thing on Thursdays for Meerendal night ride.. i.e. ride to work.. ride to Meerendal.. Do ride and ride home...

Edited by Wikkelspies

I am definitely keen to join...

Working in Montague Gardens, so will cycle from home to there in the am... Then after work to DBN'Ville and the right Koeberg road cycle with you guys and then cycle home..

Caerus,

Get in touch and we can plan to ride together if you'd like. I do the same thing on Thursdays for Meerendal night ride.. i.e. ride to work.. ride to Meerendal.. Do ride and ride home...

That sounds like a plan :thumbup:

FANTASTIC..

Tomorrow is definitely on for Meerendal... Leaving Montague Gardens at 5pm... Loop of Hoogekraal before Meerendal.. and then onto Meerendal for nightride.. Back home to Blouberg afterwards.

If you guys know of anyone else that wants to join in even for part of it... Please let me know.

Thursday nights there is Reeds Nightrides at Meerendal starts at 7. R 30 for non members, no helmut no ride.

Wine tasting is open and Boerie and Beer combo's for R 30 after the ride

FANTASTIC..

Tomorrow is definitely on for Meerendal... Leaving Montague Gardens at 5pm... Loop of Hoogekraal before Meerendal.. and then onto Meerendal for nightride.. Back home to Blouberg afterwards.

If you guys know of anyone else that wants to join in even for part of it... Please let me know.

Howzit, that will be leaving to early for me, I only finish at 5pm and work in Paarden Eiland. Will see you at Meerendal, I'll be the one with tattoos on my legs, follow the octopus :thumbup:

Guys, I'm keen to do a ride tonite, but not if it rains.

I do not mind getting caught out on the route, but do not intentionaly go out to ride in the rain.

If it does rain by 17h30, I will not go ahead with the ride, but you guys are free to do so if you want.

Alternative is to rather arrange for Thursday night, forecast is for no rain on the day.