Durbanville Mtb Night Rides

Wannabe

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I might be interested! Casual pace though, not racing!

andy dude i cant race even if i want to so dont worry :lol:

Ok, sounds that there is quite a bit of interest in tomorrows ride. Next big question, where to meet and what route to take. Want to ride for max two hours.

POPEY, WHERE ARE YOU, NEED YOUR HELP WITH THE ROUTES.

I am also interested.

Popeye you still need to show me the route from Bottelary to the railroad.

You have 2 options for a bit of dirt (2 hours)

1) go out on bottlary rd, straight over the robot till the rail tracks, left on the railway service road (jeep track)up to muldersvlei,(if you want only 2 hours, you need to turn around at muldersvlei) over the tar road on the gravel, throught the gate up to Eenzaamheid dam and turn back

2) Go out Durbanville, left on Bonne Mella, up to adderley, right on the tar (af on the gravel along the tar road) till you gets Accultsweg , up to the Silos, and than back

3)Go out Durbanville, left on Bonne Mella, up to adderley, right on the tar (af on the gravel along the tar road) till you gets Malanshoogte , right, till you get back at Tikiedraai.

The problem with 2 hours only is that you will defnitally use a hour and a bit to get out on bottlary and back, not much left for dirt

How to get on the jeeptrack at the railway line:

JEEPTRACK FOR DUMMIES :oops:

Jy ry uit met bottlary tot by die robot

Ry reguit oor die robot (+-300m)

STOP voor jy die railway track oor ry.

Kyk Lings

Jy behoort die pad te sien op jou linkerkant

Ry deur die draad heining wat langs die groot hek is (of loop om)

Die trainspoor is heeltyd op jou regterkant

Dis 'n dubbelspoor jeeptrack,

So iewers in die middel kry jy nog 'n het (gewoonlik oop) maar as die toe is, maak oop en toe as jy deur gaan

As jy bo uitkom, ry regs oor die treinspoor, jy is nou by Muldersvleis stasie,

bly regsom, ry tot jy die teerpad kry wat jou uitvat op die groot teerpad wat voor Maties se landbou kollege

As jy nou regs ry, gaan jy terug stellenbos toe

As jy lings op draai (weer oor treinspore) kom jy op die dwarspad (klapmuts na muldersvlei koffie shop)

Why not join the Tygerberg MTB club night ride on thursday night at meerendal.100% dirt, mainly singltrack.

Great fun.

Currently we have between 10 and 40 riders, some fast and a slower group as well.

Popeye, you know your route best. Where do you suggest we meet, and how long do we ride for? If it has to be a bit longer than two hours, so be it.

What say the rest of the guys?

guys I am out for this week. Just coming off a bit off illness and want to rather rest for Tulbagh on saturday, will join you guys from next week.

cheers

Why not join the Tygerberg MTB club night ride on thursday night at meerendal.100% dirt, mainly singltrack.

Great fun.

Currently we have between 10 and 40 riders, some fast and a slower group as well.

What time, and what type of route? I do not want to try and come down the koppie on that singletrack at night.

Guys, why not go out durbanville past shooting range, to phillidelphia turn off, take the turn off and first gravel road on the left you take again. then you come out on the road leading past d' urbanvale. Then you turn left in that road and do about mmmmm 10km next to tar again. And then just before diemersdal you turn left again in spes bona, and come out just after the shooting range again. ande then head back home. thats about 50km

Guys, if the weather stays as is at present (rainy and overcast), I'm not going to ride tonite. Rather do it on Thursday then. Also gives us more time to sort out the what, where, and who.

wannebe, na my laaste probeerslag om die rides gestart te kry, het ek maar besluit om weer in werk toe te commute.

Ek ry nou dins, woens en donderdae in werk toe en terug

Ek kry nou ook gereeld ouens wat inkom van durbanville en eversdal area, ons moet nog net besluit om saam iewers te begin.

So by the way, se vir Juluis Malema hy moet ophou kla oor die rykmense se fietsry baan... Dis eintlik 'n voetgangers baan., Jy sukkel maar om te ry deur die toon klappers.

You have to be a Tygerberg club member to join those rides.

I belong to enough clubs and live too far to be there on a regular basis. If you opened the invitation once in a while, I would join.

Thats why I thought, "If I cant join them, beat them!"

We now have our own rides on Thursday nights in Stellenbosch. No clubs, No cycleshops, No permits, No fees, No moaning :D

Archived