[Event] Hex Valley Autumn Splendour MTB Funride

Hexpas

mm, Might make my comeback on this.. How tecnical is it? Anyone done the race before? (55km)

IMO technical = better

Maybe the previous winners time will be a good indication of the difficulty, Anyone have that?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok see you @ the 55 :thumbup:

Cool Berry!

If I am doiing the 35 and you are doiing the 55 ....and I am really, really lucky...then I will be waiting for you this time. :lol: :lol:

Yup, not too technical - but if we have the snow on the mountains again - its gonna be lekka cold again !

Whaaaa!!!!!

Snow? Nobody said anything about snow.... :D :unsure: :unsure:

Edit : I don't do cold well. :P

Edited by Mads

is there actually snow forcast this year?

last year I dont recall there being much but holy cow was it cold!!

Don't think snow is forecast, but it's been bloody cold and rainy for a couple of days this side of the mountain, so I won't be surprised if we freeze out butts off on Saturday.

Off to buy me some long pants tomorrow - any advise?

Don't think snow is forecast, but it's been bloody cold and rainy for a couple of days this side of the mountain, so I won't be surprised if we freeze out butts off on Saturday.

Dunno about long pants, but I'm definitely looking for leg-warmers. The best I can find at the mo are the First Ascent ones at R339.

Dunno about long pants, but I'm definitely looking for leg-warmers. The best I can find at the mo are the First Ascent ones at R339.

and i'll be getting a FA magneeto jacket for saturday...laas jaar was koud in daai berge!! biggrin.gif

and i'll be getting a FA magneeto jacket for saturday...laas jaar was koud in daai berge!! biggrin.gif

Just got my FA leg warmers... wow, hugely different to the thingies I have... make that HAD beforehand. (Which was the reason I did not look for other legwarmers to begin with!) Full leg, feels much warmer and odds of it sliding out from under my shorts are virtually zero. :clap:

Now I dare anybody to go slower than me... Definitely just going for the experience and expecting to learn a lot.

Now I dare anybody to go slower than me... Definitely just going for the experience and expecting to learn a lot.

Dare on................ Ek is nie bang nie of in elk geval te sleg. Pick your choice. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will be back again this year. Its a great event. Anyone know what the weather will be like. Seen 2 reports and they vary from 11 degrees and no rain to -2 degrees and rain (probably snow if we are lucky)

Cheers

magneeto check

arm warmers check

leg warmers check

gloves check

warm clothes for afterwards check

3 alarms set check

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif