Cost effective 29er?

Eldron

All y'all know I pray at the Giant XTC 29er alter but here is my advice to any news 29er wanters....check out the Fuji range at Solomons.

The Tahoe 29er 1.0 comes with an SLX/XT mix and (tapered!) Reba RLT fork at R13K and drops down to R6K for the Tahoe 4.0

For someone looking to enter the 29er market thats awesome value! Similar specced Fuji 1.0 competitors like the Giant XTC1 and Silverback Segma are between R15K and R16K.

The link: http://www.solomons.co.za/taxonomy/term/241

They made some very nice racy hardtails in the past, not really available here though <_<

Some nice racy Fuji's at Solomon's. A lot of people don't know that they are one of the oldest bike manufacturers in the world. The current road bikes are also awesome value. Not for bike snobs, but for fast riders on a slow budget...

Almost sounds like me, light rider looking for a light bike on an even lighter budget :lol:

Theres a full xx carbon HT with Edge carbon wheels for 40k :drool:

Are 29ers better than 26ers? :unsure:

Looks around and quietly steps into the shadows

Are 29ers better than 26ers? :unsure:

Looks around and quietly steps into the shadows

/cuffs Stevie upside the head for incitement to debate :D

/cuffs Stevie upside the head for incitement to debate :D

Ouch ok i guess i deserved that

Must say if you want a racy 29er the Cannondale Flash 29er 1 Alu seems like a killer deal for R20 000 @ 10,8kg :thumbup:

Ouch ok i guess i deserved that

He he he.

@weightweenie - that 'dale is a fine choice for R20,000! The latest Bicycling gave it a fantastic review. Bang for buck if you're a serious racer is awesome!

• 3 weeks later...

good news guys is that Fuji is 100% back in SA and Africa to stay they have an office for Africa Called Advanced Sports Inc. Africa which owns the following brands : Fuji, Kestrel, Breezer, SE Bmx and Oval Concepts... so keep your ears to the ground it all happening..