mtb slicks

Antoni

Continental slick at the back, Maxxis wormdrive up front for Urban riding, used that setup when I was commuting to work in the UK...very fast and works really well.

Worm drive wire bead feels quite heavy though, I think its discontinued but they got a bunch of other options now.

Used the wormdrive at the back for a while doing the winter trails - that worked very well too, just less plush than a normal MTB tire, but it did expel mud well and made way for alot less rolling resistance.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a Mountainbike on the tar..........NO MAN........ :o :blink: :unsure:

I can use my mtb on trails and road but you can't with a road bike...

Slicks spoil the look of a MTB for me, it's like putting track performance tyres on a hardcore 4x4. Then again it all ends in the line of the most practical.

Slicks spoil the look of a MTB for me, it's like putting track performance tyres on a hardcore 4x4. Then again it all ends in the line of the most practical.

Yeh the slicks does look odd IMO but the semi-slicks looks quite normal

Take the tubes out and run them tubeless :D

Can you do that with any semi- slick tire?

Can you do that with any semi- slick tire?

I did with the wirebeads,only did it because i didn't have spare tubes.I have had no problems so just kept them like that.Running them @ 2.8 bar though,but can go harder.

Do you only ride on tar?

No defenitely not! :P

I use the slicks for Amashovashova race from PMB to Durbs and for training every now and then when i cant get onto the dirt.

I prefer to use a slick for tar and a proper dirt tyre while off road, a compromise for both is never ideal, IMO.

Doesnt take long to change over.

Maybe look at getting yourself another set of rims.