Photo/Photographer thread.

Wyatt Earp

I tried processing an image last night usind acdsee. Playing with software opens up a whole new dynamic for me! All my images up till now have been shoot and post. Problem is that you could get lost in a time bubble and before you know it you have been busy for a couple of hours playing with colour and light sliders :D It does allow for some very cool effects though :thumbup: Might play some more this weekend if I can get a break.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some pics of a haven of tranquillity within the hustle & bustle of Joburg city limits. Box of smarties to whoever can guess where this is. I did notice that the sunshine is becoming harsh again, spring is coming.

post-4257-0-31423700-1314013287.jpg

post-4257-0-35286000-1314013350.jpg

post-4257-0-84048900-1314013377.jpg

post-4257-0-59465100-1314013421.jpg

Some pics of a haven of tranquillity within the hustle & bustle of Joburg city limits. Box of smarties to whoever can guess where this is. I did notice that the sunshine is becoming harsh again, spring is coming.

It's the spruit. Hard to believe it is actually quite pretty around it.

It's the spruit. Hard to believe it is actually quite pretty around it.

Its "A" spruit Jim, but not as we know it. The Sandspruit before it meets up with the Braamfontein spruit. I gather that the council and/or Surveyor-General messed up many, many years back and subdivided the old farms into plots of land that went right up to the middle of the river - so the individual plot owners own the river banks. In this section the owners, mainly complexes, have really taken ownership to heart by landscaping gardens, putting in jungle gyms for the kids, braai facilities, the works.

Downside is you can never have public access for say a new cycling or hiking trail along here as it is private property. Hearsay is the council did try and rectify the mistake, but no-one was keen on giving land back after their purchase.

OK, so I will share some of my pics - lemme know what you think.

1. Giraffe in Tuli, Botswana

2. Fanning Island, Republic of Kiribati

3. Strelizia flower

post-19617-0-33615300-1314266555.jpg

post-19617-0-53999700-1314266799.jpg

post-19617-0-31795000-1314266811.jpg

Very nice divernick....not sure if you crop your pics, but the composition is great. I like that the giraffe is part of the landscape rather than the object. If it was in the center of the pic it would have dominated the image, and the landscap would have been lost :thumbup:

Hey DaLoCo,

Thanks for the complements. I try to compose properly and only crop to perfect the composition if I have to. All depends on the image.

post-19617-0-22523500-1314272655.jpg