Photo/Photographer thread.

Wyatt Earp

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I preffer the hard edges of urban landscapes. You need to be more creative in an urban setting to get the same effect as a natural landscape. Having said that though I am just thankful that I am in a position to be shooting digital and not lead in an urban landscape... ;)

Personally, I preffer the hard edges of urban landscapes. You need to be more creative in an urban setting to get the same effect as a natural landscape. Having said that though I am just thankful that I am in a position to be shooting digital and not lead in an urban landscape... ;)

I would love to do much more landscape and architecture, problem is that one or two over zealous security guard out there.

The B&W you see of the mall was taken with the Fuji and I used the LCD to not make it look like I am taking a serious photo, within seconds I still had guards on me :thumbdown:

I would love to do much more landscape and architecture, problem is that one or two over zealous security guard out there.

The B&W you see of the mall was taken with the Fuji and I used the LCD to not make it look like I am taking a serious photo, within seconds I still had guards on me :thumbdown:

You need a reflective vest, safety boots, PT short and a hard hat. That should get you into most building sites. Remember to walk with purpose... :thumbup:

Spent the weekend in Hluhluwe/Imfolozi Game Reserve with a published amateur-photographer. The chap was armed with a Nikon (I think a D3) and a serious set of lenses. These are just some of the pics he took that he sent to me to have a look at.

Erwin_03.jpg

Erwin_05.jpg

Erwin_08.jpg

Erwin_09.jpg

Erwin_02.jpg

i sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo miss the park ! :( :( :(

its looking so green Eiger (sorry hijack)

I'm actually quite surprised the pictures came out quite so green, it must have had something to do with the color profile he had set since the ones I took were a lot drabber as you can see from below.

DSCF1429.JPG

The last one was great. The Wildebeest had just laid down some scent and was determined to lie in that particular spot but that rhino was having none of it so a face off developed, 900km square odd of ground and they both want to lie in the same spot. ended when the wild dog and her four pups made an appearance.

Great pics there ,wow.

I like the first one very much, the one with the little monkey is well spotted and another stunner, other than the fact that they are all stunning.

post-2696-0-44640900-1322935680.jpg

post-2696-0-04184800-1322935694.jpg

Erica versicolour at the Helderberg Nature Reserve.

I was being very lazy and had the camera on full auto. In the second one, for some reason known only to the camera, the flash went off. The image looks more fake that grannies false teeth!

Oh yes, no effects :P

Some flowers from me, and no fellas, it's not my feminine side.

Two sides of a flower, detail on the side.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7164/6447416563_3551712234_z.jpg

IMG_9207 by OddPix1, on Flickr

A little rose not much bigger than my thumb, stark and plain.

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6230/6431762513_6e43d222e3_z.jpg

IMG_9184 by OddPix1, on Flickr

I reckon a Dandelion close-up is one ugly flower.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7170/6431609897_8e1a5aec05_z.jpg

IMG_9156 by OddPix1, on Flickr

I ain't no photographer, but this scene just appealed to me...and I sure as hell wouldn't mind having a shack with this view!

Taken on a Mokia N97. :blink:

post-20304-0-68440800-1323012943.jpg

that's really nice color saturation (I think that's the right term) with that Nokia! Was it a bright sunny day, or overcast? Afternoon/morning?

that's really nice color saturation (I think that's the right term) with that Nokia! Was it a bright sunny day, or overcast? Afternoon/morning?

Late afternoon. Sun was just disappearing. Valley of the Kings. Zululand.