Photo/Photographer thread.

Wyatt Earp

Fair enough. And yeah, the 5d has the bigger (and far better) sensor. ITO 50D, I can get a new 7D at a heavily discounted price, so that would be the route I'd go if I were looking for a new camera. Personally, I think the 5D is overkill. Like me buying a Trek EX 9.9SL because my EX9 isn't the ultimate. Stupid, in other words.

And yeah re the 1.8. I agree there.

Shoot with the 5D and you will realise just how much of a quantum leap it is. I resisted until a year ago and have never once regretted spending the cash for the full frame camera.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

excuse the watermark, i've had motocross images stolen and used in publications before crediting someone else :cursing:

Nice shots geecee. Where were those taken?

Edited by Grebel

that was 10mm f6.3 1/500

the previous was 100 f5.6 1/320

both i feel could have had a slower shutter speed and say aperture of f7.1 or so and i should have 'tracked' the rider more.

Possibly - but I guess that's a personal choice. Maybe a bit background blur would add to the photo - but I like them as is - top shots! :clap:

Nice shots geecee. Where were those taken?

Thanks

we have a small training sand track down the coast (amanzimtoti), basically just bang a few loops and work on the fitness levels.

Its on a guys farm that doesnt seem to mind us being there :thumbup:

Possibly - but I guess that's a personal choice. Maybe a bit background blur would add to the photo - but I like them as is - top shots! :clap:

Thanks

we have a small training sand track down the coast (amanzimtoti), basically just bang a few loops and work on the fitness levels.

Its on a guys farm that doesnt seem to mind us being there :thumbup:

Cool! I still want to go down to Springfield and take some shots over the big tabletop. Need to find out when the "Big Guns" will be down there practising though.

Cool! I still want to go down to Springfield and take some shots over the big tabletop. Need to find out when the "Big Guns" will be down there practising though.

im normally there on the big events. but i cant say i have ever gotten any spectacular shots. altho my equipment has grown substantially in the last year

Taken with my Holga 120N - Lomography Fun - Splashy Fen 2011

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7002/6801790923_b0212292cb_b.jpg

Edited by geecee

Freestate winters night, before heading through to afriski the following day

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7153/6801839177_05913c5ce5_b.jpg

im normally there on the big events. but i cant say i have ever gotten any spectacular shots. altho my equipment has grown substantially in the last year

I was thinking of the table top, the drop into the sand/river bed section and even the berms in the sand section. I believe that there is a big jump just after coming out of the sand as well. Like I said, I need the "Big Guns to be there to get the airtime shots!

Might take a trip in the next few weeks to go and have a look.

I was thinking of the table top, the drop into the sand/river bed section and even the berms in the sand section. I believe that there is a big jump just after coming out of the sand as well. Like I said, I need the "Big Guns to be there to get the airtime shots!

Might take a trip in the next few weeks to go and have a look.

the marshalls sometimes get otherwise when you are cruising around with a camera, being all MSA sanctioned you are supposed to pay an annual fee to get media access, but i never worry about that.

there is a stepup out of the sand but will be hard to get a good angle to get the shot, its too narrow to go along side