Cajees and Giant fail to please !!!

Heavy legs

Cajees and Giant fails to please !

To whom it may concern. Allow me to express my utmost disappointment with the service that I received from Cajees as a whole.

When I decided to take up cycling as a recreational sport, a friend of mine took me along to the Cajees branch in Princess Crossing Roodepoort. He had at that stage already purchased 2 bicycles, a Scott MTB and a Fuji road bike from Cajees Roodepoort.

I proceeded to buy, over a two year period the following bikes (together with a magnitude of accessories) from Cajees Roodepoort:

• Giant Trans X2 ( for myself)

• Raleigh RC 6500 (for myself)

• Raleigh RC 6000 ( for my son)

• Raleigh RM9 (for my son)

• Scott MTB ( for my wife)

• Raleigh RC 3000 ( for my wife)

In addition, I also took my friends along, who purchased the following from the same branch:

• Giant Anthem 2

• Scott MTB

Despite the support we and our friends have given Cajees, the service that we have received in return have been nothing short of shocking. Allow me to summarise:

My Giant Trans X 2

After starting to ride with my Giant Trance X 2, I almost immediately took it back to Fatima at Cajees complaining about the rear brakes not releasing the rotor. The bike was taken in and given back to me a week later, apparently repaired.

I proceeded to do a very tough race of 75km, only to have to suffer through the race with exactly the same problem. Again, I took the bike back to Cajees Roodepoort. After recognising the problem, the rear calliper was replaced. The problem persisted. In the meantime, I had taken the bike to 3 other places to try and resolve the problem, to no avail.

3 weeks ago, I had taken the bike back to Cajees, again with the same problem. The bike was “sent away” to have the problem finally fixed. I had expressed my severe concern with Fatima, and pointed out that I was due to ride the Lion Man marathon the following week. I also asked for a full service on the whole bike, to prepare the bike for the Lion Man. As I had had a chain jam on my previous race, I asked for a new chain to be put on my bike. This is what I was met with on the Lion Man:

• Before the race, during warm up, all my rear gears were slipping

• After 3 km’s my chain fell off the front chain ring on the outside

• After 9 km’s my brand new chain broke

• After 30 km’s, my rear gear cable came loose, leaving me with only 3 gears at the back

All of this after requesting for a major service and a new chain, and special attention to a bike that had only given me problems from day 1.

My son’s Raleigh 6000

After having his road bike for less than a year, one a ride one day, his shifter broke clean off, NO FALL, just in the ride

I had originally bought the bike from Cajees in Roodepoort as mentioned above. As I live in Pretoria, I took the bike in to Cajees Centurion. Upon discussing the matter with The Manager, Moosa, the first thing I was told was that the bike was not bought from his branch, but from Cajees in Roodepoort, which in principle infuriated me that it was even brought up. After discussions with Fatima, who the bike was bought from, and Moosa, the bike was taken in. The next thing I know, I receive a call from the agent. Why on earth, as I only deal with the shop that happily took my money and made their profit from me?! After promising to resolve the within 2 -3 weeks, I had to eventually phone the store after 3 weeks, not having heard a word. I guess not unexpectedly, when I called the shop Moosa at first did not know who I was or could not remember about my son’s bike, and low and behold, had done nothing since in terms of follow up, and the bike still had no shifter. I wait to hear the next part of the saga !!!

The outcome of all of this:

• I will do no further business with Cajees cycles

• None of my friends that have made purchases from Cajees will make further purchases from them

• One of my friends had to purchase a road bike for his son’s birthday this week. Rather than purchasing a bike from Cajees, he went to Bruce Reyneke cycles in Pretoria and purchased a bike from there

Rgds

HL

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately Cajees have never been known for their service or bike knowledge. They just sell goods at high prices and expect some haggling.....

My 2c worth - you can get good deals from cajees if you know what you are talking about and what you want. Do not expect good servicing from them etc, I mean honestly how can you expect people who have never ridden a bike to understand the issues you have, they run there shops as a business and are only interested in turn over and margins - this is just my opinion based on my dealings with them.

sorry Heavylegs but how does Giant fit into this rant?

Quite simple actually, if you spend over R20K on a bike you expect it to work, and for the brakes to function properly, and if there is a problem, it should be able to be rectified quite easily. Not the agent, or 4 other dealers have been able to pint-point the problem or fix it.

I could be cynical and say.."serves you right for buying from Cajees" :rolleyes:

I agree with you about shocking service, but no matter where you take your bike, you should check it before a major ride/race.

So in essence, this is all your own fault !! :D

By the way.....did you give yourself the name "Heavy Legs" after the riding a race with your brakes rubbing the whole way ????

I could be cynical and say.."serves you right for buying from Cajees" :rolleyes:

I agree with you about shocking service, but no matter where you take your bike, you should check it before a major ride/race.

So in essence, this is all your own fault !! :D

Fair comment, only, I was out of the country and a friend of mine picked it up for me on the Friday afternoon, and brought it through to Bela Bela for me the Friday evening

My 2c worth - you can get good deals from cajees if you know what you are talking about and what you want. Do not expect good servicing from them etc, I mean honestly how can you expect people who have never ridden a bike to understand the issues you have, they run there shops as a business and are only interested in turn over and margins - this is just my opinion based on my dealings with them.

There is one of the problems right there.

By the way.....did you give yourself the name "Heavy Legs" after the riding a race with your brakes rubbing the whole way ????

U could say that, but the truth is that's only part of it, still working on getting the weight down as well.... I guess I will only know once I have that bike working, or I have to replace it from insurance after I have thrown it off teh side of a cliff at the Monster this weekend...

I think it's only fair to remember when Cajees buy a bike from a supplier or import from overseas the bike comes in a box and the dealer(Cajees) is the ones who build it up. So I do not think you can lay blame at GIANTS door?

Quite simple actually, if you spend over R20K on a bike you expect it to work, and for the brakes to function properly, and if there is a problem, it should be able to be rectified quite easily. Not the agent, or 4 other dealers have been able to pint-point the problem or fix it.

The fact the brakes we not working is the shop or Shimano fault, not Giants - They mearly make the frames. They have no control of how the bike gets put together after it left the factory, it gets sent in a box. Its down to the shop to make sure its all working 100%

I think it's only fair to remember when Cajees buy a bike from a supplier or import from overseas the bike comes in a box and the dealer(Cajees) is the ones who build it up. So I do not think you can lay blame at GIANTS door?

no doubt a BIG Giant fan ? fair comment, but still, seeing as Cajees contacted the Giant agent with the problem, they needed to take repsonsibility in trying to resolve the problem

HL,I would also be angry and most cyclist's know only from experience that you do NOT send a bike to Cajee's for a service or repairs. I don't think I would even buy a bike from them as I am sure they would have a problem with assembling the dam thing.

In saying that I have bought shoes,shirts tools and parts from them and as previously mentioned bargained them down to a decent price and I have been happy with my purchases.

Although what frustrates me is when people say they can fix or service your bike and they do a **** job not once but 2 or 3 times! There is nothing worse than being in a race on a recently seviced bike and it is not performing like it should. Be honest and upfront and say yes I sold you the bike but there is no harm in saying please get it repaired or serviced at a LBS that knows what they are doing! This approach would be less damaging to their reputation.

no doubt a BIG Giant fan ? fair comment, but still, seeing as Cajees contacted the Giant agent with the problem, they needed to take repsonsibility in trying to resolve the problem

Spare yourself some injury and just take the bike to Epic Sports in centurion. They will sort the brakes for you. How sure are you Cajees even contacted Giant?