USN MTB Bike Cup 2011 (Event 2)

neillp

Great ride, some cool single track sections.

Where can the results be found?

Was a great day out...A well organised race..

Some of the single tracks through Cullinan section was superb, albeit in terribly smelly in some places - lol

Pity about the traffic on some of the single track sections early in the race - would have loved to have attempted some of the technical bits with the appropriate momentum...

The longer wooden bridge punctured my front wheel - one of the wooden planks turned upside down with the nails facing up...

Viva Stans Viva!

I have to say I was also pretty impressed with the route considering it was in the middle of Midrand. Moolz - to echo what you said, I much preferred my second lap, when I could ride all the technical bits without traffic to worry about. Some really fun bits, including the long bridge. Well done, organisers.

Can't find the results anywhere, if anyone does please post link.

Was a very nice ride even with the stinky bits here and there. One could see that a lot of work was put into the track by the organizers.

Was still a very bumpy ride with all the new track which is good preparation for the cattle tracks at Hazeldean on the 25th.

Singletrack will be even more nice after a few competitions as it settles in. At one stage I was waiting for a Ewok to jump out of the bush in the portion through the forest as it felt just like being in Starwars on a Speederbike.

Any race is perfect for a rigid SS.

Us mere mortals do tend to like the "flatter" races for SS's biggrin.gif

Only gripe was the 2 unmarked ditches on the singletrack sections. One on the downhill before Midstream and the other next to the fence about 4k's from the end.

we coulda got more for our entry fee. at least last time we got a tube of vooma. the medal was also very cheapy.

You dont get anything when you enter road races and the entry fee is much higher! At the most other races you get watered down coke or pwerade at the finish! At least here you got your very own bottle of USN coldrink at the finish! So from my side thanks to the organisers! Job well done!

:clap: Great ride, in spite of getting caught behind some really slow riders in the beginning when is the next one, I wanna do it again??

Found the results and photos at www.waterpoint.co.za

Awesome race on Saturday... definitely going to do it again!!

Check for free photos on www.waterpoint.co.za

The photos can be downloaded for free.

Nice one Deon. :clap:

• 8 months later...

i am a novice rider, i loved the 1st USN MTB race JHB, but worried about the 2nd race being to technical?

Edited by Carly Kent Nee Plunkett

Tomorrows race is at the Voorttrekker Monument. Don't under estimate it if you are doing the 50KM! In previous race they have taken us right up to the tower on the first lap. Not sure however if the route for the USN race is the same.