Chainreaction cycles

WynieSteyn

Hi guys and girls

I want to order some cycling stuff from crc but are a bit sceptic have you done this? do you get your orders? how long does it take? do you need to pay tax on it?

thanks

Hi guys and girls

I want to order some cycling stuff from crc but are a bit sceptic have you done this? do you get your orders? how long does it take? do you need to pay tax on it?

thanks

this "chainreaction cycles" sounds a bit dodgy to me.

Are their prices ridiculously good? Do they do things like offer free shipping to try lure foreign customers?

haha!

Just kidding!

to date I've placed 8 CRC orders (7 of them with free shipping... so in total about 25k of business sent their way... some guys I know have spent over 150k with CRC).

Most of those orders arrived within a week and were fully trackable.

Just a few things to take note of as a first time CRC buyer:

- free shipping if you spend R3000 or more

- you will have to pay 15.4% VAT on your order when it is delivered.

- you will have to pay duty (on top of the VAT) for clothing, protective gear, and complete bicycles.

- R30 customs clearance fee charged on every parcel

- custom built wheels will take an 5-7 working days for the build.

And lastly... try a search of the forums... some people here get cranky when the same questions get asked again-and-again because someone hasn't tried the search first... not me... I don't mind answering... just saying though

Many times. Best approach for me is to get an order value of R3000+, then use Parcelforce free shipping. (But check out CWC as well) Took CRC a week for them to build & ship my custom wheels.

CRC Customer query guy only answers e-mails when he feels like it though, so if you realise you have made a mistake on your order and its significant - PHONE them.

this "chainreaction cycles" sounds a bit dodgy to me.

Are their prices ridiculously good? Do they do things like offer free shipping to try lure foreign customers?

haha!

Just kidding!

to date I've placed 8 CRC orders (7 of them with free shipping... so in total about 25k of business sent their way... some guys I know have spent over 150k with CRC).

Most of those orders arrived within a week and were fully trackable.

Just a few things to take note of as a first time CRC buyer:

- free shipping if you spend R3000 or more

- you will have to pay 15.4% VAT on your order when it is delivered.

- you will have to pay duty (on top of the VAT) for clothing, protective gear, and complete bicycles.

- R30 customs clearance fee charged on every parcel

- custom built wheels will take an 5-7 working days for the build.

And lastly... try a search of the forums... some people here get cranky when the same questions get asked again-and-again because someone hasn't tried the search first... not me... I don't mind answering... just saying though

Get the flame suit on Sir ;)

Get the flame suit on Sir ;)

ok... I'm all suited up! :lol:

http://www.f150online.com/forums/members/johnnyd2723-albums-other+stuff-picture150998-flame-suit.jpg

Well I'm about to place a R4500 order on CRC, everything added to my cart. Only reason I'm buying from there is because CWC doesn't have all the things I want. Eg, 180mm MTB cranks. Oh well.

Just dropped R3,5k and it should be arriving by the weekend. If I were to add up and buy this all locally it'd be a lot more than what I paid for it. Most of all, half the stuff I can't even get here, and we're not talking specialty items either. It's things like Stans strips for 27mm rims, low pressure shock pumps etc.

I'm about to build up another bike soon and I've got all of my parts already carted. Good old CRC

Just did a R7500 myself on my 9th order....

It is actually scary - I won't mind paying slightly more, but you just don't get the variety here - not the retailers' fault though.

CRC very legit and exceptional service.

CRC = one of my favourite bike shops. They even have a 12 month return policy (components must be unbuilt, original packaging) if you order stuff and you find incompatability.