Rear light and bottlecage

scuzzy

Talking of dogs Tankman, went for a early and dark mtb ride yesterday with WayneO.

Rode past a gate with dogs barking, no problem. The next moment there was one on my right, sjoe we got a huge fright, put in a good sprint effort :P

Moral of the story - don't worry about the barking dogs you can see, worry about the silent ones you can't

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This will give you a better view of the bracket. I have two of these brackets, one on the mtb and one on the road bike. Whenever I swop bikes, I just move the light over! :thumbup:

It has 3 LED's, concentrated and it is bright! Uses 3x AAA batteries

On the mtb, I flipped the bracket over and put it just below the seatpost clamp. It goes around there easy enough. Added a piece of old tube around the frame and seatpost on the road bike, so no scratching!

post-4352-0-94970600-1307683755.jpg

Magilight ... dam Chinese and their spelling :lol:

Flipping spelchequer from the land of the cheap bikes.

I bought myself a Blackburn Mars 3 light. It is without a doubt the brightest rear light that I have seen. It has 5 rear facing red LED lights and 2 orange side facing LED lights. It only cost R135.00 and it is worth every cent.

Had a one like Tankman the brightest one ,but it had an intermittend problem later on,(switc itselt off during the ride) then a Blackburn Mars3 very bright and now the Mars4(1w led) very very bright.Time will tell how long it will last.

I bought myself a Blackburn Mars 3 light. It is without a doubt the brightest rear light that I have seen. It has 5 rear facing red LED lights and 2 orange side facing LED lights. It only cost R135.00 and it is worth every cent.

Where did you buy thet, at that price, not to bad. I had a look at the Flea today and not very inspiring at all, cannot sea why anyone would pay that amount of money for that.

Had a one like Tankman the brightest one ,but it had an intermittend problem later on,(switc itselt off during the ride) then a Blackburn Mars3 very bright and now the Mars4(1w led) very very bright.Time will tell how long it will last.

Admittedly I had the same problem with the light switching off ever so often. This was due to a dumb design.

Putting coiled springs as contact points in anything that vibrates constantly is just dumb! But that light is bright enough and I wasnt just going to give up on it!

Used some electrical copper wiring, coiled it up and placed some between each contact point and battery.

It has not turned off since! :D

post-3198-0-42989300-1308136052.jpg

I use a magicshine rear light and another backup just in case but as you can see the magicshine is plenty bright enough. I think :thumbup:

Then you obviously haven't seen the Magicshine! It's 80 lumens worth of light... You will never be missed. The only prob is the price - I sell them for R480, but that does include the same Li-Ion battery you get with the MJ808 which is worth R350+ alone and you can run both front + rear lights off 1 battery as well if you prefer. They're basically really good value for money for what you get, but people don't like spending money on rear lights (I saw a guy on Constantia Nek the other evening in the dark with an MJ808 on the front and absolutely nothing on the back -I noticed him as I swerved to miss driving into the back of him!)