Well that did not take too long

The Guy in Pink

Good, we met at 5am and straight into Hanlip forest to climb up jeep track, road was rough and I felt every bump as we winched ourselfs up the mountain for 55 minutes without a break. I though it was going to be rough coming down but the shocks did their job perfectly, and I almost stayed with Mark ,who at 110kg decends like a devil.

Checked the tyres, at 3.5 bar are too hard. Tomorrow they will be at 2.2bar.

Nice build and good looking bike!

Congratulations and may you have many happy and safe miles.

(Try 2.0 up front and 2.2 at the back)

Good, we met at 5am and straight into Hanlip forest to climb up jeep track, road was rough and I felt every bump as we winched ourselfs up the mountain for 55 minutes without a break. I though it was going to be rough coming down but the shocks did their job perfectly, and I almost stayed with Mark ,who at 110kg decends like a devil.

Checked the tyres, at 3.5 bar are too hard. Tomorrow they will be at 2.2bar.

Nice one! Hope you have a long, happy friendship with the bike. :thumbup:

I wish I had such a sterile garage.

I like the whole 'steed thing' you've got going on the couch.

I wish I had such a sterile garage.

I like the whole 'steed thing' you've got going on the couch.

The garage is large, not exactly sterile, there were some pictures here a while back https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/90528-show-us-your-home-bike-workshop/page__hl__workshop

The wife has horses, when I met her 36+ years ago she was riding the Lipizzaners at SANAF , so we have many horsey thginbgs around.

The front of the Bike after the ride this morning, with the Exposure Six Pack light and Zound Air Horn on the right of the photo.

post-63-0-16290000-1308046526.jpg

That's quite a stack of spacers you have on your headset there. How about a different angle stem and cut the steerer tube down a couple inches?

Is the air horn for commuting? I hope you don't use that out on the trails.

That's quite a stack of spacers you have on your headset there. How about a different angle stem and cut the steerer tube down a couple inches?

I wanted to ride it first before cutting the fork too much (I only cut about 30mm off) I rather cut too little than too much as it is not something tat can be undone.

The hooter does get used in the forest, as it helps communication between us: like when we spotted a 3 metre python one night and used it to call the others in the group who were in front to come back and look.

I have such a air horn on my commuting bike....and love seen cars almost climb the opposite curb when I give them a toot.. need to get more for my other bikes...

p.s dad loving those wheels.. now I' officially the green goblin ;)