What software for heart rate based training?

Thanks Tankman. That plug in is exactly what I'm after. The more I look at SportsTracks, the more I'm impressed

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to say but GTC and Garmin Connect sucks ... you can not customize anything in GTC and not a whole lot in GC.

If you want to download your ride data an look at the pretty pictures on the map of where you have ridden, then both are fine for that.

If you want to analyze your training, track your equipment, improve your fitness, design workout plans ... then you need something a bit more powerful.

Tracking of equipment is what got me hooked in SportTracks in the first place. Want to know how many km's I did on a gatorskin 3 years ago on a set of training wheels. I can tell you, I can tell you how many hours and how many times it was used too :thumbup: Here's just an example:

post-4352-0-90190700-1308582211.jpg

Yeah, yeah, it sucks, but I spend most of my training time actually riding the bike - I have no desire to customise or slice and dice and analyse to the nth degree, which is why GTC is perfectly adequate for my FUNRIDING activities. I'm not a pro athlete and indeed, the more I read about doping scandals, etc, the more I believe in riding my bike to enjoy myself rather than trying to go faster than the next oke.

And TNT, SaaS doesn't necessarily imply platform independence. I use a Garmin and access the software as a service. Works for me thumbup1.gif

Yup Intern, as I said, if you just want to look at the pretty pictures on a map of where you cycled, then GTC and GC is fine for that. But Garmin even screwed that up when they bought Bing on board.

Please tell me you are not using Bing and have installed thee Google Map plugins I have posted a million times all over the hub.

If you really want to see some awesome pretty pictures of where you cycled .... export your ride to Google Eye and you get to see your ride in 3D :thumbup:

Thanks Tankman. That plug in is exactly what I'm after. The more I look at SportsTracks, the more I'm impressed

Shot! Tested it on two of the same routes and it works brilliantly. :thumbup:

You can customize the display coloums to even show you the ave difference in HR beats between the rides!

post-4352-0-04506000-1308807106.jpg