DC Route Update

DavidB

Latest news is as follows

1) The event WILL be taking place.

2) The road between Montague and Ashton is now open and we are monitoring the situation.

3) A final decision on whether to utilise the standby route or not will be made at 6pm this evening.

4) We have had to make drastiv chages to the start area as a result of the fields being water logged. The start will now take place in the road adjacent to the sports fields.

The situation is being monitored on the ground in both Swellendam and Montague/Ashton.

I'm worried about getting to Cape Town from Johannesburg. I've heard flights have been detoured ? Confused

Notice will be posted on this forum and our website. However teams will be advised on the Start line in the morning of the situation. We are doing our best under the circumstances to keep everyone as informed as we can but as you will appreciate our fate is in the hands of Mother Nature.

thanks david. swellendam is so klein, die besluit behoort baie vinnig deur die dorp te gaan.

David, bring genoeg rooi wyn saam, ek en Lem is vreeslik dors. Gister laas koffie gedrink.

Hoop nie daai sportsgronde waarvan jy praat is die skoolveld. Ons caravaan moet daar gepark word en ons wil daar nog braai ook.

BMC. Moet nie worrie oor die 6uur besluit. jy gaan more 200km + ry iewers op 'n teerpad, sorg net jy is betyds is in jou startpen.

popeye2007-11-23 04:01:04

And how will you let us know @ 6 tonight?

Regards

gee die man 'n break. Jy hoef net te weet dit gaan gebeur, wat worry jy nou watter pad jy gaan ry? Wink

Het nounet weer begin reen hier op swellenDAM

Thanks DavidB!  Man, it's nice to get the word straight from the big dog's mouth!

Alternative route. Hmmm, sounds interesting.  Hope your poor support vehicle driver can read a map!

popeye, ons bly in Montagu (as ons deur die pas kan kom natuurlik) so daai nuus sal VER moet travel om by ons uit te kom.  Sal maar die Hub moet surf op my selfoon...

Update:

BMC: we will send out an sms this evening to all entrants that supplied their mobile numbers when entering. This will be after 7pm

The road between Ashton has be temp closed as a result of flooding and we are monitoring the situation.

PS: as this will be my 10th DC I, like all of you. am most keen to see it all goes ahead. Stay tuned

OK Guys!!

Now that David will be SMSing me, i'm off!

Have a nice day @ work and on the wet roads 2 the DAM!

Keep well and have a great DC. Be sure to wear those wristbands!

Do you really need to SMS everyone?  Why not just SMS the team captains? ..

Thanks David .. guess you'll a lot of beers after the ride for this!!

My team captain went AWOL and won't be joining us, so don't send it to him only!  He'll prollly be drunk at home trying his luck with mrs.PokerFace...