Carte Blanche TV

nathrix

409 members have voted

1. 1. Have you been a victim in a bicycle hijacking incident?

• Yes, in Gauteng.
    • Yes, in Western Cape.
    • Yes, in Eastern or Northern Cape.
    • Yes, in the Free State.
    • Yes, in Kwazulu-Natal.
    • Yes, in Mpumalanga.
    • Yes, in Limpopo Province.
    • Yes, other (outside of SA).
    • Yes, in North West.
    • No.

I have a better image of the one thug.

post-4100-0-47682100-1309252300.jpg

And here is Kevin Perkins' bike.

post-4100-0-71076800-1309252340.jpg

I'm sure this is the same guy - got the photo from Andre Cordes at Epic Cycles

post-26148-0-21616700-1309454389.jpg

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure this is the same guy - got the photo from Andre Cordes at Epic Cycles

post-26148-0-21616700-1309454389.jpg

Hi Dix

Sadly not the same guy.

Hi Guys, we please need your assistance yet again.

Any bikes that have been stolen,

We need from you guys

Serial number

Make

Colour

And if possible the serial number.

Please mail to summit AT mtnloaded dot co dot za

Thanks Guys

Edited by Dangle

Let's try keep optimistic here - the cops have been handed this case on a silver platter. But - assuming things do go pear-shaped, then this is where Carte Blanche could come in handy. Nothing like a bit of publicity to highlight an inept police force and get the attention of some of the top ranking cops.

You are in the wrong industry if you think any case on a silver platter is a conviction!

You are in the wrong industry if you think any case on a silver platter is a conviction!

Well the guys were caught red-handed with stolen property with plenty of witnesses to corroborate the story. Doesn't get more open / shut than that.

Let not lose faith, although its hard not to do when you see the SAPS in action.

At least we have som eprivate guys working on this as well.

When you read about the apathy of the cops its no wonder that kangaroo style justice could be the best way, but that s not rght either..

..... do you really think that it is n nice thing to say??? I would like to see you in that action and then talk again! Please keep in mind that SAPS is also on here and not only you!! If you can't say something nice, please keep quite or use your negative mind and come up with something positive to say

Edited by Motard660

Well the guys were caught red-handed with stolen property with plenty of witnesses to corroborate the story. Doesn't get more open / shut than that.

There are a lot of factors that can contribute not to have a open / shut case.

..... do you really think that it is n nice thing to say??? I would like to see you in that action and then talk again! Please keep in mind that SAPS is also on here and not only you!! If you can't say something nice, please keep quite or use your negative mind and come up with something positive to say

Motard

Till now the SAPS have been less than helpful, that't why this has carried on for more than 4 years now.

Saying this, hats off to the head of Midrand who has now made this quite a big deal.

Motard

Till now the SAPS have been less than helpful, that't why this has carried on for more than 4 years now.

Saying this, hats off to the head of Midrand who has now made this quite a big deal.

I wasn't going to say anything...

Its very easy to tar the SAPS/Politicians/Cyclists etc etc with the same brush and in this case, Dangle is quite right, and all I was venting is what I experianced in my own capacity, I know there are plenty SAPS who do great work and I feel for them as they often take the slack for those who do less of a job. Same goes for cyclists who take slack for others who dont tow the line and obey the rules.

This is a highly emotional situation and has touched the nerves of many, including you, so lets be cognisant of that.

I am very glad to have been involved to the extent that I have and put various parties in touch with each other in order for this to get to the point where it now at.

It would be nice to have some of the guys working on this from Midrand Sector 4 out with us on Sunday!

I wasn't going to say anything...

Its very easy to tar the SAPS/Politicians/Cyclists etc etc with the same brush and in this case, Dangle is quite right, and all I was venting is what I experianced in my own capacity, I know there are plenty SAPS who do great work and I feel for them as they often take the slack for those who do less of a job. Same goes for cyclists who take slack for others who dont tow the line and obey the rules.

This is a highly emotional situation and has touched the nerves of many, including you, so lets be cognisant of that.

I am very glad to have been involved to the extent that I have and put various parties in touch with each other in order for this to get to the point where it now at.

It would be nice to have some of the guys working on this from Midrand Sector 4 out with us on Sunday!

Point noted....and do agree up and until a point. All I am saying, this is not a crucifying SAPS site and as you rightfully said, there are a lot of people inside the SAPS that really go out of their way! :huh: So and as I mentioned before, rather work with that I/O and assist him to compile a watertight case! I do apologize if I had offended anybody, but at the end of the line, I know the conditions and the lack of resources that SAPS members face day to day......

Good Luck and glad that these bike thieves was stopped!!! :)

It still seems as if "THEY" have won! Went for my usual Saturday club ride this morning. Only 10 of us pitched. Consensus was that it was too dangerous to ride off-road so it was decided to go for a 30km ROAD RIDE. "THEY" have taken over our cycling area.

I don't like the "no not yet" option, a simple "no" would be better. It's like driving a car, be vigilant, dont take risks and if you do then maybe consider carrying a glock with hydroshocks or hollowpoints.

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/104821-midrand-hijackers-caught/page__st__60__gopid__1434942?do=findComment&comment=1434942

Can YOU 100% identify any of these men….As Bike Jackers…in House Robberies …..or Staff

Regards,

Paul Griffiths

In emergency call YOUR SECTOR SAPS VEHICLE;

Midrand SAPS 0113471601/2/26

Email: info AT myscf DOT co DOT za

uhm..picture 2,3,4 and 7 look like the same man but in each pic just different facial expression...check it out for yourslef

uhm..picture 2,3,4 and 7 look like the same man but in each pic just different facial expression...check it out for yourslef

Having seen them face to face, I will tell you that you are wrong.

4 and 7 are one and the same, 4 is when he still had spunk on pic no.7 he is sitting with a well broken nose.

3 and 4 were arrested the same day.

2 and 5 were arrested the same day.

So do you have anything to help with ?

• 3 weeks later...

Well, so far, looking at the poll, it looks like there isn't really a problem with bike jackings. Everyone relax, go back to riding your favourite trails around Rhodes Mem or wherever. You don't have to consider emmigration. It's all been blown out of proportion.

Lets see what you say when you've been held in the bushes at gunpoint for 20-min and strip searched coz they cant understand why you go riding with only R30 and no credit cards!!!