Pinarello FP3 (2010) or Trek Madone 5.9 (2011)

Dee1

As Tankman often says on these forums - buy the bike that is going to make you happiest to get up and go ride it.

Yup, I would be smiling all the way on one of these!

post-4352-0-26033000-1308639683.jpg

post-4352-0-51411300-1308639737.jpg

post-4352-0-78463300-1308639786.jpg

Thanks Guys

Best I cancel the Pin order - it was at a great price, though = slightly cheaper than the Trek - pity the Trek colouring isn't that sexy ;-)

If you dont like the look of it, you wont ride it!

I'm not a Trek fan at all, because Lance rode one, and I don't like Lance. I'm purely answering the OP's question, of Madone vs FP3.

Claimed weight for the Dogma is 900g, actual is 1250. That is about 40% over. No reason to believe it would be different for the FP3.

If the floor was open to suggest any bike, my recommendation would be different.

Not claimed weight, it says 950g for Raw frame on their website.

What they mean:

(NB on the weight: Pinarello's catalog indicates that the Dogma weighs 950g. This weight is before paint and "mechanization", i.e. installation of BB shell, bottle bosses, etc. Once mechanized, a 53cm Dogma weighs 1210g.)

I have heard from numerous sources (a few of them on the Hub) that Trek's aftersales service in SA is absolutely shocking. I've only heard good things about ASG (the Pinarello importers)

• 5 years later...

Cannot believe I started this post 5 years ago.I ended up getting the 2009 FP3 and have enjoyed every km.

I "upgraded" to 25mm tyres and the cleArance on the front campy centaur brakes is microns.

So crunch time... with a budget of R35k do i invest in a new 2nd hand bike or upgrade existing groupset and wheelset? If the latter, recommendations gladly appreciated.

Cannot believe I started this post 5 years ago.I ended up getting the 2009 FP3 and have enjoyed every km.

I "upgraded" to 25mm tyres and the cleArance on the front campy centaur brakes is microns.

So crunch time... with a budget of R35k do i invest in a new 2nd hand bike or upgrade existing groupset and wheelset? If the latter, recommendations gladly appreciated.

Post some Pics.