Post your All Mountain bikes

mad bout mtb

PoS: what brakes you currently on? - Geez, I'd rather not say. Might as well be using my foot in the wheel!

Those Codes are SUPER grabby. - Yeehaa! Can't wait!!

:clap:

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Crow, Cap, MH. Brakes are in the basket, now what's your thought on dropper seatposts.

Wait for Fox? Buy KS? What you guys think??

http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/southwest/sites/music/images/reverb_400.jpg

http://getmovielink.com/images/covers/Reverb.jpg

Edited by Capricorn

I shoulda known.

This soup is gonna be spicy!

I am getting reports of constant need for bleeding the bleeding reverb..

Droppers:

I have owned these three:

Joplin 2/5

Service issues, lots of play, saddle clamp is a pain, 3 and even 4" is not enough...couldnt wait to get it off my bike!

KS 4/5

Reliable, almost no play, 5" is enough for 90% of AM riding, easy to service, has local back-up

Reverb 4.5/5

So far its been reliable, easy to bleed, no cable stretch issues, great local back-up, can adjust speed, 5" AS ABOVE

I have demoed:

Spez:

Over-prized POS. Why try to go ultimate light BEFORE you have reliability. They have had several issues with seals.

Gravity Dropper

Does the trick. Only downer is price, local back up and the agricultural look.

So...if you have a KS, stick with it. If you're buying new go with a Reverb. At this stage I won't wait for FOX. They have been having issues to get theirs reliable and it might take at least one season to iron out some issues (like RS have).

Two very interesting developments from RockShox and KS

hahah only did those cos i know Hicks is gonna be all over your dropper post like a fat kid on a donut.

Only heard good things on teh KS dropper, so you cant go wrong there. I dont see KS on CRC. :unsure:

That Lev wins over the stealth: why the need to buy a compatible frame? Granted, it's the future i guess, but KS wins that battle.

Awesome info as always Crow :thumbup:

Edited by Capricorn

That Lev wins over the stealth: why the need to buy a compatible frame? Granted, it's the future i guess, but KS wins that battle.

+100. Think RS will be kicking their own butt that they haven't thought about that first. Expect RS / FOX / OTHERS to follow.

I am getting reports of constant need for bleeding the bleeding reverb..

They had issues with their first batch. Have since upgraded hoses and fittings which are available as a FOC warranty replacement and on all new REVERBS since then. Since the swop-out thanks to the kind guys at Cycle Factory Store my Reverb has been maintenance-less through mud, rain, dust and grime.

We can do them for:

Reverb: R2100

KS i950: R2100

KS i900: R1800

Drop me a PM with your contact details, Post size & length needed and we'll get back to you on availability.

Shot Capricorn. Earlier post from CFS to give you an idea of pricing. AFAIK the first batch has been sold out so unless your LBS sits with older stock you won't have any bleeding issues.

Haha, I guess that answers my question pretty solidly :)

For me it works 10000 times better, but:

1) I weigh only 69kg

2) I ride in mud only during these funride-type events, where I can't avoid it...

In today's weather, I'd believe you on wearing through anything pretty quickly!

Yes, at that weight you'd be pretty light on most components..

I totally forgot the Saints.. thanks for the reminder!! :thumbup:

KS 4/5

Reliable, almost no play, 5" is enough for 90% of AM riding, easy to service, has local back-up

Crow, could not see if your i950 was sold??