Post your All Mountain bikes

mad bout mtb

All mountain bikes go here( post your bike with specs below)

TO qualifi your bike has to have more than 120mm travel

Edited by mad bout mtb

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I had an AM bike... particularly a Morewood Mbuzi (will fit in nicely between my Izimu and Ndiza)... but sadly I canot post a pic here.

I did however have a Yeti ASX with 180mm front and 164mm - 181mm rear. I treated it like an AM bike... and a jump bike... and a DH bike... and was even stupid enough to do 2 XC races on it, hahaha!

hahahaha, what lengths were they?

it was the 20km Outsurance Outride... I nearly died. Way too much climbing. Then the 28km Crater Cruise. Way better, but still not ideal. Was fun to bomb past people on the downhills. They're all braking furiously... I'm pedalling furiously :lol:

...sadly they caught me again on the uphills :blush:

Haven't really learnt my lesson though... I had cash to buy a XC bike and got the 4X bike instead. Was a bargain I couldn't say no to. So guess what I'll be riding at the 20km Nissan race :lol:

OK Here goes!

post-17843-0-26967000-1308745730.jpg

Upgrades include a lot of red anodised bling :lol: Skewers, pedal plates, headset spacers, stem clamp plate and bars, Race Face grips and a Joplin 3 remote post hopefully to be upgraded to a KS 950i! Future upgrades include red spoke nipples when funds permit. Other than that all is it was. Chose a trail bike over a XC bike because I want to learn to jump. Just need to find a nice sedate introductory set to get the confidence up. Any advice Nigel?

Edited by Grebel

My Intense Tracer. Busy upgrading it with a Fox Float 36, so will update once I have it. :clap:

post-21619-0-10123500-1308746502.jpg

Lt 2

size large

Brakes Avid juicy Ultimates

Bars Changed to Easton Monkey lite XC

Shifters Xo

Post Thomson

RD Xo

FD Xtr

Cranks Xtr

Saddle Gobi XM

Fork Fox Float 150mm

Hubs Industry 9

Rims Ztr Arch

Cassette Sram PG990 Redwin

cant remember what she weighted in at but was pretty light

post-2631-0-93820100-1308748396.jpg

Guest Omega Man

OK Here goes!

Upgrades include a lot of red anodised bling :lol: Skewers, pedal plates, headset spacers, stem clamp plate and bars, Race Face grips and a Joplin 3 remote post hopefully to be upgraded to a KS 950i! Future upgrades include red spoke nipples when funds permit. Other than that all is it was. Chose a trail bike over a XC bike because I want to learn to jump. Just need to find a nice sedate introductory set to get the confidence up. Any advice Nigel?

Find some land and build your own jumps. As you progress the jumps get bigger. You can't go out and attempt massive jumps straight away. All the dudes that can jump also build jumps.

Find some land and build your own jumps. As you progress the jumps get bigger. You can't go out and attempt massive jumps straight away. All the dudes that can jump also build jumps.

Been looking for a while and the only spot is a park near my house. Thought about roping the kids in and getting them to help with the promise that they can ride with dad but so far no takers. Might just have to do it myself... Wonder what the laws a are regarding building jumps on municipal land...?

Edited by Grebel

Just need to find a nice sedate introductory set to get the confidence up. Any advice Nigel?

Best place is Lahee PArk BMX track dude ... there are some easyish jumps there that are table tops - dont bother trying to jump your teocali on any dirt jumps that lighties have built! the tranny will be too steep and it will feel **** ... just go to lahee park cus the track is prodominantly downhill and there are some easy jups to start on - there is a nice easy jump on the 2nd straight!

OK Here goes!

Based on the landscape in the background of that pic there looks like there is some good riding to the done in this area!

Best place is Lahee PArk BMX track dude ... there are some easyish jumps there that are table tops - dont bother trying to jump your teocali on any dirt jumps that lighties have built! the tranny will be too steep and it will feel **** ... just go to lahee park cus the track is prodominantly downhill and there are some easy jups to start on - there is a nice easy jump on the 2nd straight!

Thanks man. I though about that but the security is an issue. You need to be in a large-ish group for it to be "safe". Have you seen Queensburgh? The dirt there is a lot softer as well...

Based on the landscape in the background of that pic there looks like there is some good riding to the done in this area!

That pic was taken at Virginia farms in Mid Illovo, KZN. Awesome riding spot. The guy that owns the farm does mainly sugar cane but he has recently cut some singletrack and opened it up for guys to come ride. Really nice tracks as well. He checks the trails everyday for washaways and fallen trees etc to make sure your riding experience is a good one. Hot showers and a nice place to chill afterwards.