Post your All Mountain bikes

mad bout mtb

yeah, seems like this item is gonna be a local buy. CRC is pricier and then VAT still needs to be added.

But like you say... if it comes down to the 2 being the same price... tough call. They both have great reviews. I like how the KS's remote integrates with one's lock on grips to keep it out the way. But Rock Shox is Rock Shox...

Mmmm. Tough call. Let us know what the price of the KS is when you find out. I might have to set aside some bonus money. Will just have to live with the Joplin for now...

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Full retail on KS should be:

i950 with Remote: R2600

i900 with Remote: R2200

We can do them for:

Reverb: R2100

KS i950: R2100

KS i900: R1800

Drop me a PM with your contact details, Post size & length needed and we'll get back to you on availability.

Edited by Cycle Factory Store

We can do them for:

Drop me a PM with your contact details, Post size & length needed and we'll get back to you on availability.

darn it! they are the same price! what to choose, what to choose!

Mmmm. Tough call. Let us know what the price of the KS is when you find out. I might have to set aside some bonus money. Will just have to live with the Joplin for now...

+1 right here... Although, an AM frame might be more necessary!

We can do them for:

MUST.NOT.BUY!!! :cursing:

Jeesh, 13kg is light. My Tracer is just under 14kg, and that's without a drop seat post.

Officially it is 12.9kgs without pedals, but I pulled out the tubes so it should still be just under 13kgs with the pedals on. That said, I haven't actually had it on a scale.

It is a serious piece of kit though.

MUST.NOT.BUY!!! :cursing:

You know, it's like The Dude said in "The Big Lebowski".... "f@@k it". Just buy the damn thing. Sort out the finances later. Eat crackers for the next month.

Droppers, I have owned these three:

Joplin 2/5

Service issues, lots of play, saddle clamp is a pain, 3 and even 4" is not enough...couldnt wait to get it off my bike!

KS 4/5

Reliable, almost no play, 5" is enough for 90% of AM riding, easy to service, has local back-up

Reverb 4.5/5

So far its been reliable, easy to bleed, no cable stretch issues, great local back-up, can adjust speed, 5" AS ABOVE

I have demoed:

Spez:

Over-prized POS. Why try to go ultimate light BEFORE you have reliability. They have had several issues with seals.

Gravity Dropper:

Does the trick. Only downer is price, local back up and the agricultural look.

So...if you have a KS, stick with it. If you're buying new go with a Reverb.

+1 right here... Although, an AM frame might be more necessary!

My technical ability doesn't warrant an AM frame just yet... :blush: Once I outride the trail bike, I might look at the AM route but for now the call of that seat post is quite strong :drool:

darn it! they are the same price! what to choose, what to choose!

I would always say wait till the second year before buying a new product. But with RS's excellent back up and service that's not so much of an issue. Like I said earlier some guys have experienced issues with their hoses from the very first batch. But before word was out RS fixed the problem and had warranty kits at all their agents.

I'm running the 2012 kit and haven't had any issues.

So...for the same money? RS!

Droppers, I have owned these three:

Joplin 2/5

Service issues, lots of play, saddle clamp is a pain, 3 and even 4" is not enough...couldnt wait to get it off my bike!

KS 4/5

Reliable, almost no play, 5" is enough for 90% of AM riding, easy to service, has local back-up

Reverb 4.5/5

So far its been reliable, easy to bleed, no cable stretch issues, great local back-up, can adjust speed, 5" AS ABOVE

I have demoed:

Spez:

Over-prized POS. Why try to go ultimate light BEFORE you have reliability. They have had several issues with seals.

Gravity Dropper:

Does the trick. Only downer is price, local back up and the agricultural look.

So...if you have a KS, stick with it. If you're buying new go with a Reverb.

thanks for the insite Crow.

I went onto the KS site and it seems they have changed the names. I'm not sure, but I think the i950 is now called the Supernatural, and in my seatpost size (30.9mm) they only have a 300mm long with 75mm drop. 3" isn't enough change adjustability to warrant that kinda cash in my opinion.

So it seems like I'm leaning towards the Reverb...

As for the Gravity Dropper... quite a few riding buddies have one... and like you say... "agricultural look", :lol:

Edited by patches

PATCHES: You cant go wrong with either KS or Reverb. The Reverb has the advantage of no cable stretch so should need less TLC, but it still has to proof itself in the long haul.

The KS is an excellent post. I've had two and apart from the odd service (can do yourself in 30min) and cable adjust it was without fault and a MAJOR improvement over the Joplin I had. New remote lever is also a big step up as the first one was fragile and a bit of a mission to setup the way I wanted to.

So...you'll be happy with either. Go with what your gut says.

Let me also add this:

Adjusting the saddle on the Reverb is quite a bit easier than on the KS. Bolts on Reverb are angled out which makes it a breeze to get an allen in there. KS not so much.

Not enough to sway your decision, but it's worth knowing.