Post your All Mountain bikes

mad bout mtb

Hey Pain, why don't you get hold of Johan Bornman on the hub, he's just built me up a wheel with drc dh 18 rims.

Will get back to you

She's good, thanks! :whistling:

Gosh Deanbean, make me look like I've not been looking, that was quick.. and good taste mate! Hidden gems these DRC's

JB? Paging JB..

Crow, you kidding right?? .. and thanks.

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Nomad is on my dreambike short list ..

Very cool bike bud.

What fork you running ?

It’s a Lyrik rc2l.

The bike was bought in April of this year ridden once and then the owner had a car accident, smashed his pelvis and can’t ride or work and was desperate for the cash. I picked it up for less than the frame cost on its own :eek:

Planned changes are to swap the Avid xx brakes for my formula the ones I have and maybe swap the lyric for my current fox Talas forks or sell both forks and get something else. Swap the lo rise bars for hi rise and in the long run swap the current shock for a ccdb air.

The first job to do this week is break her down and put some heli tape on to protect her from stone chips and then I can go to work setting her up like I want.

All I need to do is off load my current giant reign to claw back some cash.

Edited by warrenpfo

Aw, was looking for rim only to lace to my Woodman hubs.. darn, there I go shopping again, and the colour was perfect...

Did you ever look at the Stinger BB mount for the chain? I have seen that one will fit without too much hassle, only problem being that the BB does not grip tight enough causing the guide to move if bumped. I ordered one but stock was an issue, will try again soon.. Where did you get your ISCG adapter? Locally?

@ pain or shine, the rims are still for sale, the wheelset will be broken down to be able to get a lighter build, the plan was to sell the spikes and get lighter rims. The rims only are still forsale or the whole wheelset, which ever you prefer. The iscg adapter I got with a chainguide I bought. I haven't seen them localy

hmm, don't stress to pull them apart just yet.. I want to see if I can find a partner for my DH21 on the front wheel first... + I'm a bit cash strapped on a job that is taking longer to complete.. :(

I'll let you know fo sho!

It’s a Lyrik rc2l.

The bike was bought in April of this year ridden once and then the owner had a car accident, smashed his pelvis and can’t ride or work and was desperate for the cash. I picked it up for less than the frame cost on its own :eek:

Planned changes are to swap the Avid xx brakes for my formula the ones I have and maybe swap the lyric for my current fox Talas forks or sell both forks and get something else. Swap the lo rise bars for hi rise and in the long run swap the current shock for a ccdb air.

The first job to do this week is break her down and put some heli tape on to protect her from stone chips and then I can go to work setting her up like I want.

All I need to do is off load my current giant reign to claw back some cash.

nooo, not the Reign.. Although I read somewhere the Reign is the poor man's Nomad. Quite fitting then that you got it for a bargain..

My new steed. She was finished yesterday in a rush to get out as it was a sunny day here in the UK. I still need to make some final tweeks and change a few components like the brakes from the current Avid XX to Formula The One's I have and shorten the shifter and brake lines to tidy up the front.

Not everyones colour but I am very happy.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8163/7354989010_6201cb4080_b.jpg

Very nice.

Mate of mine had exactly the same colour frame until some c*nt liberated it.

Very nice.

Mate of mine had exactly the same colour frame until some c*nt liberated it.

Mikes robbery has already been mentioned. Maybe time for some bifocals Thug? :lol:

Mikes robbery has already been mentioned. Maybe time for some bifocals Thug? :lol:

Don't read the posts just look at the pics :)

Oh well, should post my bike here, I always think of it more as a trail bike, than AM bike, but it has 145 mm travel, so here it is, Yeti 575, Fox Talas fork (on it's way out so a RS Sektor RL 120-150 dual pos coil will be replacing it), SLX brakes and custom built wheels, Hope and DRC DH18 front, SLX and DRC DH18 back, X0 RD and shifters, XO gripshift front with SLX FD. SLX cranks.

post-2975-0-48592500-1339670064.jpg

Oh well, should post my bike here, I always think of it more as a trail bike, than AM bike, but it has 145 mm travel, so here it is, Yeti 575, Fox Talas fork (on it's way out so a RS Sektor RL 120-150 dual pos coil will be replacing it), SLX brakes and custom built wheels, Hope and DRC DH18 front, SLX and DRC DH18 back, X0 RD and shifters, XO gripshift front with SLX FD. SLX cranks.

post-2975-0-48592500-1339670064.jpg

Nice Dean!

I have a soft spot for the abominable snowmen

Bought this beaut 2nd hand a few months ago. Has changed a bit since. A bit heavy for my little rat legs, but the extra effort on the uphills is worth it on the way down.

post-25301-0-93190200-1339760117.jpg

Nice Dean!

I have a soft spot for the abominable snowmen

Very nice Dean, all that's missing is an adjustable seatpost.

Thanks Guys, I like the bike going down, not so much pedalling op the hills.

Thug that's next on the list, unfortunately I buckled my front wheel irreparably, and the fork is showing signs of extreme wear, so that needs to be replaced.

A bit heavy for my little rat legs, but the extra effort on the uphills is worth it on the way down.

How I feel about the Yeti too, nice looking bike, I wanted one but none were available at the time, so I bought the Yeti.

What chain-keeper you got there.

Bought this beaut 2nd hand a few months ago. Has changed a bit since. A bit heavy for my little rat legs, but the extra effort on the uphills is worth it on the way down.

The Mbuzi is a great "little" bike

The Mbuzi is a great "little" bike

+1... a welcome addition to my morewood stable, anytime!

I was pretty bummed when the Shovas and Mbuzis were discontinued...

so for my AM bike I was forced to buy a plastic Dale in stead. If/when that dies... I'll have my eyes on the Sukuma or Jabula.

+1... a welcome addition to my morewood stable, anytime!

I was pretty bummed when the Shovas and Mbuzis were discontinued...

so for my AM bike I was forced to buy a plastic Dale in stead. If/when that dies... I'll have my eyes on the Sukuma or Jabula.

When that ever arrives ......