Killed my Small block 8's

stev0

I had a rear blow out and it tore the beading of the tire. Now I absolutely love these tires. They work awesome in my riding conditions. They are light and give decent grip when riding on the rocks. I mainly ride in the vinyards and singletrack mountain hiking trails (Looooooooooots of loose rocks)

But its winter now and there is more mud. The small blocks dont work all that well, especially coming down the mountain in a muddy trail.

I need a tire that is

Light, easy riding on tar

Balloon like (think smallblock 8)

Works great in mud (its winter now)

Is there anything that will work like the sb8 but perhaps better?

Sorry, they are 26's

Kenda Karmas look pretty good. Are they pretty fat (wide) too?

Tried calling some of the forum vendors, they do not have any stock. I have not called CWCycles yet.

What do these go retail at?

Haha! Crow, I agree with ya on the Weirwolfs - got one on the front and a Wolverine on the back. But I think that it would shed its blocks after coming within 200m of tar!

Awesome tires though. I've got the 2.3 UST's.

On the one Sani2c we got stuck along this one section with sticky clay type mud. The only people that were getting through fairly ok were guys with Kenda Karma tire and Fox forks. The tires seemed to work great, while the Rock Shox forks were collecting loads of mud by the arch as it runs very close to the tire. The Fox on the other hand had a big gap and caused less build up. By the way I am not promoting forks, I don't run either of them, but the Manitou did seem to be inbetween as far as mud clearance goes....

My Kenda Sb8 at the back sucked in the mud :-(

I popped into cycle city in canal walk and picked up a set of Kenda Koyote knobs. They assured me that this tire will work in muddy and wet terrain. For they money R129 ea (non folding) I cant be happier.

Now just to see how they do... We've had a lot of rain here!

anybody know the tires?

I'll take them back before I fit them. They sold you old stock of a tyre that's been discontinued ages ago. Bet they didn't tell you that! Those guys will sell...anyway...thumbdown.gif

For the money I suppose it's not so bad, but it's not gonna give you what you're looking for. Best compromise will still be the WTB's. Light, fast with enough grip. For more grip High Rollers or Nobby Nic front, Racing Ralph rear

Another option will be Kenda's new Slant Six. Combo of Nevegal and SB8. Not many reviews out yet, but they seem quite popular already abroad. I have a set on their way to me so will be able to tell in a month or so what they are like.

I have a pair of Kenda small block 8's on and Ive had no problems. They do throw up a lot of dirt but they grip like spider monkeys.

I have a pair of Kenda small block 8's on and Ive had no problems. They do throw up a lot of dirt but they grip like spider monkeys.

On hardpack and dry rock, yeah. But throw them a bit of mud and they scream like Lady Gaga riding her Disco Stick.

Not good at anything other than hardpack, rock or gravel. Heck, they're borderline on gravel, and the mud will just stick to the b4sterds.

I'll take them back before I fit them. They sold you old stock of a tyre that's been discontinued ages ago. Bet they didn't tell you that! Those guys will sell...anyway...thumbdown.gif

For the money I suppose it's not so bad, but it's not gonna give you what you're looking for. Best compromise will still be the WTB's. Light, fast with enough grip. For more grip High Rollers or Nobby Nic front, Racing Ralph rear

Yeah, read now that they have been discontinued. 129, how bad could they be. The karma's were 299 ea.

So how bad are the Koyotes?