Mosso 652 XC Pro Full Suspension 26er Frames

Kiwi

Mosso Rigid 26er Forks Spec:

Weight: 730 grams

Steerer Length Uncut: 230mm

Recommended rider weight limit: 100 kgs

Colour: Gloss White or Gloss Black

Brakes: Disc & v-brake compatable (removable posts)

Price: R420

Let me know if you want a set, we should have them by the end of the month.

post-1841-0-00239200-1310031873.jpg

post-1841-0-10092800-1310031894.jpg

Edited by Kiwi

paint job does not do it for me. Less is more in that department.

That said, it looks well capable of doing the job. :thumbup:

Admittedly I know very little about aluminium grades, but isn't 7046 the most basic (weakest) grade of aircraft aluminium? Is the frame durable?

Admittedly I know very little about aluminium grades, but isn't 7046 the most basic (weakest) grade of aircraft aluminium? Is the frame durable?

Hi Taps,

7046 alloy is good stuff, 7005 is the most common grade used. 7046 alloy is 16% stronger and 12% lighter than 7005 tubing

What would be nice though, Rapide HT frame like the 29er but in a 26er. :drool:

Hi YUMEYA,

We are looking at doing a carbon 26" hardtail...

Hi Cycho,

Yeap! Should be around R420 available in white or black, removable v-brake mounts. Drop me a PM if you are keen?

post-1841-0-04223000-1309590682.jpg

Hi Kiwi

Those forks ... are they realative to say a 100mm travel fork when fitted? In other words will they mess up a bike handling if the distance less than that of the 100mm suspension fork.

I know there is some good technical jargon for my broken question above, but for the life of me I cant think of it right now.

Regards

Hairy

Hi Kiwi

Those forks ... are they realative to say a 100mm travel fork when fitted? In other words will they mess up a bike handling if the distance less than that of the 100mm suspension fork.

I know there is some good technical jargon for my broken question above, but for the life of me I cant think of it right now.

Regards

Hairy

Hi Hairy,

The dimension you need is the Axel to Crown measurement, I'll get it for you.

Hi Kiwi

Regards

Hairy

Hi Hairy,

Axel to crown is 460mm so you can swap out a 100 travel fork no problems. An unsagged Fox F100 for instance is 470mm A to C.

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Got my Mosso 652 xc frame on Friday. Firstly, thanks to Wayne for making the trip and meeting me out of his way. Second, bike goes like a dream. mine weighs in at about 12 - 12,5 kg for a dual suspension. Took it out on Saturday for a "let see if i can break this thing" trip. i lost........ the frame didn't put a foot wrong. very responsive, handles like a mtb should. Rear shock absorbed bumps when it needed to, but didn't take away any peddling power. Overall frame is very solid. I looked at many frames before making the purchase, I had a look at some Scott frames and Merida. i still think i made the best choice. Thanks Wayne.

HI Kiwi,

I found your website by accident, and have a number of questions. Seems most customers are happy with Mosso.

I cracked my Scott 'Boulder' HT frame after 6-7 years of service. The Scott frame was a 20" (now this range is called the 'Aspect') which was more of a recreational frameset. Apparently I should have been riding a 'Scale' frame which is more race-oriented. Finding a 26" frame these days is quite a tall order! So looking at your Mosso 652XC Pro 18" Frame, I could build my parts across and possibly get an awesome Dual-Susser! My parts are Mavic Cross-Ride wheels, SLX Disc brakes, Rock Shox Reba dual air, SRAM X-7 gears with a LX Crank. I plan to buy a new Ritchey bar, seat pillar & stem because my Scott parts are also 6-7 years old!

Question relating to the frame size - I see your largest is 18" but this is obviously 2" short of my HT size. I have heard that sizing between HT & Dual Suss can vary, obviously I am interested to get your advice here.

My height is 180cm and my inside leg seam is 92cm. I weigh 80Kg.

Relating to the warranty, which I saw is 2 years: Does this warranty depend on regular servicing and if so, what is the cost of an annual Rear Shock service / link / bushes / bearings, or does this depend on the actual wear & tear i.e. service interval might be longer than a year, only if bushes / bearings are worn? I ride only on Sundays at the moment - average ride varies between 60-100Km. Mostly distance on tar & dirt road with a bit of Braamfontein Spruit here & there.

Then also who would carry out the repairs / service?

Does the rear shock have a remote lever which can be mounted on the handle bar?

A general question, not knowing this Mosso brand at all (please excuse my ignorance, the Mosso website was blocked by the Antivirus program, so could not view it). How long have Mosso been making bikes, and what's the expected lifespan of this frame? I was reading on some forums that these Mosso brand frames looked delicate, although no-one had experienced troubles?

Thanks, looking forward to your reply!

Cheers,