No Deal With Neil...

Athena.w

the only way to judge a man's future behaviour is to look at his past behaviour.I have not dealt with Neilswheels , and it will stay this way.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A colleague of mine at work, who is not a member of this forum, had exactly the same experience as others have posted here.

He had two bikes stolen from his house in Claremont and on searching for them was tipped off by another bike shop that he should check Neils Wheels.

He called Neil who denied having the bikes. However when he went round to the shop he found the two bikes in the alley behind the shop.

Neil then blamed his staff for buying the bikes.

All the accessories (saddle bag's, speedo's etc) had been stripped from the bikes and Neil at first said these were never on the bikes. On being pressed however he then managed to find the bits and pieces.

Both bikes were then returned to their rightful owner with Neil protesting his innocence.

Clearly Neil is knowingly buying stolen property and is one of the people creating a market for thieves and bike jackers.

So no alarm bells going off? Or do you just choose to ignore all the warnings? :unsure:

Does anyone know for sure that he sells stolen bikes or do you guys only suspect? I've never been there but heard that he has some good deals and know someone who bought a bike there... it was a bike that I saw on Gumtree for cheap... then this person bought the same bike for a bit more than the gumtree ad.... so Maybe he buys some stock off gumtree and resells at a small markup?

I've never been there and don't know much about the shop... but get the feeling from this post that people are making a judgement based on a perception rather than fact?

It sounds like there are sufficient cases on here for it to be fact.

ahhh ok, read all the posts now... I guess it is quite dodgy then...

• 2 weeks later...

Don't mean to shoot the guy down but really, how does your staff get to buy bikes without your knowledge? He should be the captain of his own ship.

I was there twice looking for a road bike, some advise... No matter what bike you gonna take, do some research and you will see that for new and maybe R1500 more, it is worth the wait... That is what I have done... Saved a extra 2 months and bought new instead...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Neil tried to go back on his word with me too. I gave him my bike on consignment for R2700. He marked it up to R3900, sold it, and then spins me a story that he had to service it and in the end he only got R2700. He wanted me to take R2500 now. Almost flew off the handle at him! I got the R2700 out of him, but will NEVER have anything to do with him or his shop ever again.

• 3 years later...

Thread necrophilia.

Friend is looking for a particular bike and someone said it may be here.

Bike theft is at an all time high, whatever happened to this store?  I once popped in to find singlespeed parts and was shouted at, so left...