No Deal With Neil...

Athena.w

How could people be warned?

That’s the difficult part. Not to sure on the legalities of slating a business without concrete evidence the owner is involved?

Could always flag his adds on gumtree I suppose.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

....let this serve as a warning before doing business with Neil's Wheels.

Aka:- Swindles on Spindles.

I went there for the first time last week and I was surprised that he has lots of cheap bikes especially for poor guys.. He also has lots of parts in boxes. His shop suits for the people who don't earn alot. He is better than Cash Crusaders or Cash Converter....

I went there for the first time last week and I was surprised that he has lots of cheap bikes especially for poor guys.. He also has lots of parts in boxes. His shop suits for the people who don't earn alot. He is better than Cash Crusaders or Cash Converter....

So no alarm bells going off? Or do you just choose to ignore all the warnings? :unsure:

Can someone please check if he stocks a stolen black and red Morewood Zula with red hope hubs on Mavic 819'? Would love to have my bike back!:-)

Can someone please check if he stocks a stolen black and red Morewood Zula with red hope hubs on Mavic 819'? Would love to have my bike back!:-)

Any chopshop would have rebuilt your Zula with different groupset, seatpost, stem and handlebar (taken from 4 other bikes) and would have replaced the wheelset with the nice SLR's from the 5th bike that came in that morning.

That bike would be on its way to a participating shop up in Pretoria, Joburg or East London by that evening. Hell it may even be on the Hub by now, and don't be surprised if it is now a white Zula with serial number altered as to not match your bike's

It is clear to me that most of those that are slating Neil in this thread don't know him. In fact the person starting the thread did not even state if they were buying from or selling to Neil. But like a lynch mob people jump to conclusions without knowing all the facts.

Hey Neil, that's you isn't it? :) My point was not to round up a posse but purely to caution others when dealing with him. Judging by all the comments on here, perhaps the adage where there's smoke there's fire, rings true.

It is clear to me that most of those that are slating Neil in this thread don't know him. In fact the person starting the thread did not even state if they were buying from or selling to Neil. But like a lynch mob people jump to conclusions without knowing all the facts.

This Neil guy isn't doing much to clear his or try and clear his name...... I suggest he start putting pics of all the bikes in his shop on the hub or starting a forum where he says what bikes he got in and seeing if anybody got something like that stolen recently......... If i had a shop and i was being acused of selling stolen goods, thats what i would do.

My brother had two bikes stolen from his house in Lakeside last year. One turned up on gumtree . When he went with the cops to get it back he was told that the guy had bought it from Neils Wheels. Neil could have bought a stolen bike without realising it. But how could he then sell a Giant Dh Team for R2000 without being suspicious of where it came from? He must have bought it for a grand or less. And no record of the seller. So the guy that bought it lost out and so did my bro because before he handed it back to the cops he totally stuffed it up . On purpose

My brother had two bikes stolen from his house in Lakeside last year. One turned up on gumtree . When he went with the cops to get it back he was told that the guy had bought it from Neils Wheels. Neil could have bought a stolen bike without realising it. But how could he then sell a Giant Dh Team for R2000 without being suspicious of where it came from? He must have bought it for a grand or less. And no record of the seller. So the guy that bought it lost out and so did my bro because before he handed it back to the cops he totally stuffed it up . On purpose

And 1 more for the record books, so far I know of:-

My bike

The 2 bikes before mine (confirmed by the cop involved in my case)

The Raleigh after mine (which I found for another hubber and Neil had been asked to look out for)

Another hubbers Giant recently found there which Neil got rid of before the owner could recover it

2 Other bikes I've heard of which Neil denied having and were then found in the alley behind the shop (unconfirmed)

Now this Giant DH in the above post

I hope that's enough evidence for the person defending him that you should at least exercise caution (I am sure there are many cases I don't know of, but that's what I've come across).

A dumb question... this shop has to have a 2nd hand goods register - why not ask to look at it?? Is this confidential, and if so, why? How about a 'public spirited' spot-check? And if there's something special about the register then maybe just go through a couple of suspicious looking bikes to check origins. I would love to look further into this. If his register is cooked it would show up. And the cops are supposed to check it now and again. Where there have been issues like these with cops being taken to the shop to retrieve a stolen bike surely he should be checked more often. Shhhhurrrely. Or are the cops only interested in paperwork (aka personal banking)? Which is why it might be worth asking for info on where goods come from and following up...?

This Neil guy isn't doing much to clear his or try and clear his name...... I suggest he start putting pics of all the bikes in his shop on the hub or starting a forum where he says what bikes he got in and seeing if anybody got something like that stolen recently......... If i had a shop and i was being acused of selling stolen goods, thats what i would do.

He does visit the Hub .

post-5455-0-12944800-1309424725.png

its easy....don't advertise your bike as stolen before looking at Neils Wheels...cause he can go online and see if you a hubber, then just strip it quickly. MRT1, tell Neil to come defend himself as all the evidence is against him...I had a email discussion with Neil for a mtb fork, after i asked for pics he never replied but he said before he had loads of forks at his shop. I have proof to show the discussion.

Email as below...I did not attach the sent mail where I asked fr pics though

Hi Johan

Yes we have, used shox, both Rockshox and Fox, going from basic Rockshox, which are cheap right up to fancy Fox ones which sell for R3500.00.

Obviously it is important to know the length of steerer required, and I assume you require it for disc brakes.

Regards

Neil

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 21 April 2011 02:20 PM

To: robinduveen@mweb.co.za

Subject: Reply to your "GIANT OCR 5 ROAD BIKE" Ad on Gumtree

Hello! The following is a reply to your "GIANT OCR 5 ROAD BIKE" Ad on Gumtree:

Hi

Do you perhaps have any front suspension forks/shocks? I am looking for a Rock Shox or a FOX,

Let me know please

Regards

Edited by MTB_Roadie