Hit and Run

hot stuff

My sincere condolences to Family & Friends!!!!

May you soul RIP fellow cyclist till we meet again.

A speedy recovery to the injured cyclist. Our thoughts & prayers go out to you.

As it is Summer season and Argus training is in full swing, I once again appeal to ALL cyclists to make yourself as visible out there as possible. Please use a tail light and switch it on during the day and purchase a hi visibility vest and wear it. PLEASE GUYS!!

May the LORD be with you all and keep you safe whilst out riding!!!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He is going to appear in Simonstown Court on Manslaugter charges this morning. I hope he does some serious time' date=' not just get a slap on the wrist. [/quote']

Maybe get a suspended house arrest sentence like the idiot who killed the two cyclists a few years ago here in Pretoria.

Does anybody know of any incident where a cyclists was hit and/or killed by motorist where the motorist has been properly charged and convicted? 

There has been several incidents but nothing ever happens.

Man in hof n? tref en trap

AMY JOHNSON

26/11/2007 12:06:50 AM - (SA)

KAAPSTAD. ? ?n Man wat na bewering ?n fietsryer doodgery en nog een kritiek beseer het voordat hy van die toneel af weggejaag het, verskyn vandag in die Simonstadse landdroshof.

Die man (24) verskyn op aanklagte van strafbare manslag en nalatige en roekelose bestuur.

Hy is in hegtenis geneem nadat die polisie ondersoek ingestel het na ?n nommerplaat wat op die ongelukstoneel gel? het.

Mnre. Brian Crabb (35) en Glenn Bee (57) het Saterdag omstreeks 06:00 gaan oefen vir die Pick n Pay Cape Argus-fietstoer wat volgende jaar in Maart gehou word, toe ?n wit Isuzu-bakkie teen ?n ho? spoed teen hulle vasgejaag het.

Bee, ?n sakeman, is tans in ?n kritieke toestand in die Vincent Pallotti-hospitaal.

Crabb, ?n meubelmaker, is in die ongeluk dood. Hy het die afgelope 13 jaar by die Bee-gesin in Kommetjie gewoon. Hy was nie ?n fietsryer nie, maar het ingestem om volgende jaar saam met Bee aan di? fietstoer deel te neem.

Mnr. Russ Bee, Bee se broer, het ges? hy kan nie verstaan wat ?n jong mens daardie tyd van die oggend op straat gesoek het nie.

?Ons weet Glenn ontvang op die oomblik die beste sorg wat daar is, maar as ?n familie kan ons maar net aanhou bid.?

Russ het ges? die ongeluk het as ?n groot skok vir sy broer se familie gekom.

Mnr. Dean Bee (21), Bee se seun, het gister uit Denemarke gekom om sy ma en suster te ondersteun.

?Sy familie het groot geskrik en hulle gaan op die oomblik deur ?n moeilike tyd. Dit is glad nie lekker om jou pa of iemand vir wie jy lief is onder pype te sien nie.?

Hy het ges? die ongeluk moes nooit gebeur het nie, maar die familie hoop die skuldige sal aan die pen ry. ?Glenn is ?n man wat baie vir ander mense omgee en hy is baie geestelik. Ons wil die situasie hanteer soos hy dit sou gehanteer het.?

Russ het ges? met hul besoek gister aan die hospitaal was Glenn se toestand nog onveranderd.

?Hy reageer op niks wat ons s? nie, maar die verpleegsters s? hy is kritiek maar stabiel.?

Mnr. David Bellairs, voorsitter van die Trapkragvereniging en organiseerder van die Argus-fietstoer, het die ongeluk as tragies beskryf.

?Dit is skokkend en hartseer, omdat so baie mense hierdie tyd van die jaar begin oefen vir die fietstoer wat volgende jaar plaasvind.?

could we not all do something with the burger this weekend...like wearing something like a black armband or something similar??

Take that young man and go show him at the hospital what he did.  Make him sit there and watch.

Then take him to the funaral and go show him the hurt and pain the families are going through.

That will be a start.

yea that would be a good idea . Wear a black arm warmer at the start on the left arm only the left . we need to get something done guys !!!! what about something to Helen Ziller ???  

Take that young man and go show him at the hospital what he did.  Make him sit there and watch.

Then take him to the funaral and go show him the hurt and pain the families are going through.

That will be a start.

Great idea !!!!!!!!!!!!

Spinnekop, you think that will help?  I think people are nowadays so selfish and so much into their own needs that they won't really give a hoot even when seeing the results of their action.  That is why they are driving like this. 

We see enough accidents on the road on a daily basis with bodies lying all over.  If that is not enough to make you think then what will?

yea that would be a good idea . Wear a black arm warmer at the start on the left arm only the left . we need to get something done guys !!!! what about something to Helen Ziller ???  

Well I will wearing my arm warmer on my left arm and my Hub SA wristband on the right....I hate it when thing like this happenAngryCryAngryCry

ok that is good so will i and two others here that will be riding with me.

hey skye cycle lab are doing registration would we be able to put some black armbands in the race pack's or at the registration tables.

If i can have a few hundred made up and delivered to the cyclelab stores in cape town.

would it be possible ??

CryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCry R.I.P.

i wish the universe would start handing out punishment cos our "justice" system does not know what justice is.

Then take him to the funeral and go show him the hurt and pain the families are going through.

That will be a start.

Absolutely agree with you on that, and then run him over with a bakkie