which bike

Swany05

seeing as my post in the wanted section didn't get too many replies ill be looking to buy a new/newer mtb. At this point I'm torn between the Bianchi doss 4600 and the nomad 80. Now I know the Bianchi is a better bike but the Nomad has better specs and I think its a newer model. I got fitted and I need to look for a 18" or 19" . Solomans has stock on both units. Comments and suggestions are welcome. TIA

How much are you looking to spend - have some Pinarello FV1s (alu bikes not for general sale) but perhaps Michael at ASG can help you if there are some left? michael@asgworld.co.za

Regards

ag

I'm leaning towards the Bianchi even though its an older model. I'm not looking at spending much more than R2500. I know its a tight budget but that's what I can spend at this point.

Do you have to buy it now?

Rather save for a few months and look for something with disc brakes and better spec parts.Those parts wont last to long if you ride in mud.

I was thinking that. why not save and then buy beter, but where do i draw the line? Seeing as these bikes are on special wont i be buying a similar spec'd bike if a save? Or do i buy what i can but upgrade components as i am able to do so? Or does this work out too eexpensive?

Excuse all the questions but this is the best way of finding out before i take the plunge.

Buy a bike that has at least SLX parts on it with a decent fork.You can then upgrade the frame at a later stage.Once the bug bites you will always want better and lighter parts :D

Look in the classifieds,there are always good deals.

Hi Swany,

I do think that the gents that have answered your question are 100% correct in what they say, but if finances are a problem then buy what you can afford.

Two weeks ago I bought a new Giant Trance to replace an old Giant that I have had for the last eight years. It weighed a ton, had v breaks, hard tail and no tubeless tyres, but I had the best fun in my life on it. I rode it a lot, entered a lot of races where other riders had a giggle, but it never let me down.

So do what ever you need to,but get out there and ride.

Regards

Sarge