All-mountain Biking Basics

Capricorn

i think, that it allows the memory cached data to be saved locally. Opera does it as well (you just have to goto the cache folder and sort by size. Cut/Copy the file to somewhere and then rename and add the mp4 extension. Keepvid just does it automatically, but adds the .flv extension IIRC). Other browers cache to drive, but almost automatically dump to memory, so there's nothing for the user to errr..co-opt.

That's my understanding as well. Unless you have a 3rd party application that piggy-backs on your browser (a plug-in) that is designed to capture items that are written to your cache, you're outta luck.

Essentially, Opera has its own cache-capture tool. Which is how Cap is able to get the vids!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Essentially, Opera has its own cache-capture tool. Which is how Cap is able to get the vids!

while it's true for all version of opera, i've stalled my version at v10.6 because all later version of Opera have a randomized caching system. An example of random: firstly, there are like a million cache folders now all named on some arb basis. Then searching thru all those folders for large sized files only works exactly ONCE. That is, you could find the file u looking for in one folder. Then try and find the file in that same location next time you view that exact same vid. Good f'ing luck. I havent figured it out yet, but I've relied on the v10.6 for almost 2 years now. It's hitting glitches with modern website scripts, but i've got Chrome as fallback.

Makes sense, Cap. Copyright protection rules, blah blah blah.

And I know all about randomization. I practice it daily. Messes with peoples' minds, that **** does!

Makes sense, Cap. Copyright protection rules, blah blah blah.

And I know all about randomization. I practice it daily. Messes with peoples' minds, that **** does!

you got a clue about the randomisation in Opera?

I beat it hands down. I'm that hot. ;)

But no - those oparetic okies keep things very close to their (rather large) chests. I just concentrate on lower notes than they do. :)

Edited by cptmayhem

Inside foot off the pedal hovering just above the ground next to the front tire. Get your weight forward and let that back wheel get all loose. Thats the most fun way to corner i reckon. Fast too. The trick is in switchbacks like the new dh track, to get your foot back on in time to swap over to the other side. That new track is looking sweet. Cant wait for a bit of rain to bed it all in.

you ride the whole track JHT? the switchbacks almost necessitate some drift to go round them speedily.

We also need some braking bumps on that line.. and i mean teeth rattling braking bumps. No woosie pimples.

Or that thing I suggested. Drop into old line? :blush:

+1. I quite like that suggestion. No roll in, no confusion, no 16varieties of stupidity to encounter..

Havent ridden the new track yet cos its not finished yet. Cant wait to though.walked up it today and it looks sick! Exept that one bit where there is a semi berm turning right into rock jump into left hand berm. That looks a bit tricky . You will have to jump to the right and turn left in the air at the same time.

i think, that it allows the memory cached data to be saved locally. Opera does it as well (you just have to goto the cache folder and sort by size. Cut/Copy the file to somewhere and then rename and add the mp4 extension. Keepvid just does it automatically, but adds the .flv extension IIRC). Other browers cache to drive, but almost automatically dump to memory, so there's nothing for the user to errr..co-opt.

In layman's terms, does it let me save/ download the video I'm watching on Youtube at the same time? Sorry not so tech savvy when it comes to these things :rolleyes: I basically wanna be able to watch that clip/ vid and save it while im watching it.

Is Keepvid the best downloader to use?

Many Thanks

Sorry for the hijack again. :)

Edited by Caerus

In layman's terms, does it let me save/ download the video I'm watching on Youtube at the same time? Sorry not so tech savvy when it comes to these things :rolleyes: I basically wanna be able to watch that clip/ vid and save it while im watching it.

Is Keepvid the best downloader to use?

Many Thanks

Sorry for the hijack again. :)

it's one of the better online downloaders. Keepvid will download and save the file for you in a location of your choice. It's pretty straightforward.

The other downloaders are all small applications or extensions that on your machine. but give keepvid a go first.

out of interest, what's your browser of choice?

it's one of the better online downloaders. Keepvid will download and save the file for you in a location of your choice. It's pretty straightforward.

The other downloaders are all small applications or extensions that on your machine. but give keepvid a go first.

out of interest, what's your browser of choice?

Im using Internet explorer, is the Keepvid a free application or do I pay? I looked at a website that says I must buy a licence, is that correct?

Caerus: you can download the application and pay for it/make a donation as it were. But on the website, right on top, there is a bar in which u post the URI of the video you want, and click the Download button on the far right.