Help Identify this frame and fork!!

loveme.DH/FR

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm ok... thanks guys!

the guy wants R900 for the frame and R250 for the fork... But even at that low price it wouldnt be worth it... Apparently the zzxyz forks are super old and will prob break within 1 run....

Wow, R1150, that's quite steep. I sold an mongoose, thingy ma bob, complete bike, with for a R1000. Cant remember the components though.

the ZZYZX Forks were being used on the World Cup in 1997 when i went to the World Cup in Mont St Anne - so its FLIPPING OLD

please note the zzyzx forks on Shalms Marchs bike (the guy in the white) in the attached photo from my facebook page (this by the way was the first ever official Duel Race that replaced Dual Slalom in 1997 - it went on to become 4x - just some interesting info)

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v1685/20/62/587070358/n587070358_2243746_5235.jpg

at that price you should rather hold out and save another 2k and buy an old kona stinky or something

It's nasty, and not in the rapper's way of expression. It's like slightly upmarket british toys 'r us brand if I remember correctly - like the older Saracen bikes.

taken from another forum - re: DDG Slammer -

(but if you want a truly bad DH bike, i think this stands above the rest.

very poor design, even worse to ride, [and this is a common thing for those i know who have ridden one] the travel to stroke ratio on the shock is stupid, and even with 900# spring still far to soft for a 10 - 12st rider. frames have numerous stress point and very prone to cracking, braking.

you want the worst DH bike / Frame?

i give you ...... the DDG Slammer)

http://p1.pinkbike.com/photo/96/pbpic96037.jpg

Guest Omega Man

Yeah sick. But in a bad way. Like sick with AIDS. or hepatitis.

I think even Makro wouldn't stock that fugly thing! That's even uglier than the 16000 euro bike on the other thread :D