Vuelta a Espana 2012: 18 August - 09 September

'Dale

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Katusha Team for the 2013 Vuelta a Espana: Pavel Brutt, Xavier Florencio, Mikhail Ignatyev, Alberto Losada, Denis Menchov, Daniel Moreno, Joaquim Rodriguez, Gatis Smukulis, and Angel Vicioso

No dominance for Sky this time. AC gonna win by a day. Froome will have a hard time after riding the tour. If he is still in top form for another 3weeks, there must be some questions asked.

Defending champion Juan José Cobo will lead a Movistar team that includes Alejandro Valverde into the 67th Vuelta a España on Saturday.

“This is our biggest goal of the season, together with the Tour (de France),” said general manager Eusebio Unzué in a release. “At the start, our expectations are to be on the overall podium. The strong field of contestants makes us be cautious to think about winning, but obviously, we can’t rule it out.”

Joining the pair will be Beñat Intxausti, Nairo Quintana, Javi Moreno, Jonathan Castroviejo, Pablo Lastras, Imanol Erviti and José Joaquín Rojas.

Defending champion Cobo to lead Movistar charge for GC and Valverde as lieutenant.

Dont think Cobo will be dominant this year, I quite like him, but he is up against some serious opposition with 'Berto in the mix, Rodriguez might also be a contender though looking at the Katusha team.

Dont think Cobo will be dominant this year, I quite like him, but he is up against some serious opposition with 'Berto in the mix, Rodriguez might also be a contender though looking at the Katusha team.

Rodriquez came so close in the Giro after Hesjedal.

Wonder whether the Canadian is gonna be back to continue his rich form this year.

Wonder who's gonna roll out for Leaky Gas?

Hell, the way things are going at Leaky I wonder if they will have any riders left.

They are running out of time in finding a major sponser.

No Hesjedal.

Andrew Talansky will lead the Garmin-Sharp charge at the Vuelta a España, where the American will stand up against Chris Froome (Sky), Alberto Contador (Saxo Bank-Tinkoff Bank) and defending champ Juan José Cobo (Movistar), among others.

No Hesjedal.

Andrew Talansky will lead the Garmin-Sharp charge at the Vuelta a España, where the American will stand up against Chris Froome (Sky), Alberto Contador (Saxo Bank-Tinkoff Bank) and defending champ Juan José Cobo (Movistar), among others.

Is Robbie H in the team?