Guest agteros

Guest agteros

Will do both, time for a combined time challenge again?

Can do that, but I'm not going to be in racing mode on my Humber. Most probably accompanying a noob cyclist for a first cycling event.Will have greater clarity closer to the event.

I will be doing it this year on my SS with nobbies , done it for years on a road bike to get that super fast time a seeding ( dont need it anymore ) . cant wait to see the faces of the guys in "A" bunch when i pull in on a SS MTB.

i did the 94.7 on a SS "oupa fiets" (those upright dutch commuter bikes. it weighed in at 28kg's!!!) three years ago. it took me 5:30 as opposed to the normal 3:00... there were tonnes of support and I made lots of friends in those 5:30, but i can guarantee it wasn't fun...

Hijack time. If I did the road race on a fixie do i need to install brakes on it?

Ok hijacking. Done

Join up thumbup1.gif

I'm also thinking of turning the road race into a l-o-n-g day. Might start in my seeded batch, and aim for a 16:00 finish :)

Did the coffee ride thing last year, stopping in Hyde Park (sitting at a table on the pavement) for the first stop

Then stopped again at the Total garage on the N14 (again for a coffee)

Last stop was at the bottom of heartbreak hill where a nice cold beer (think it was an Amstel) was handed to me - by far my favourite stop

Total riding time was 3:30, but total RIDE time was about 4:31 - starting from the corporate seeded batch (Y) at about 08:55.

That was on my dual-sus, plus I still had a few years worth of racing in my legs - this year may prove to be more of a challenge

Still undecided as to how I'm going to ride my 10th cycle challenge

post-1372-0-58947300-1290410398.jpg