Momsen 29er...in Reynolds steel :)

Griffin

the icing on the cake with those STR9's is the Tange sliding drop outs - the very same you get on the likes of a Ritchey P-29er.......

the 44mm headtube is good thinking too.......keeps your options open.

I would buy one if they made an XS.........wonder if I should have typed that in caps :whistling:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Momsen is as local as Swift/Silverback is (run by South Africans). And no it's not a compliment. You started banging on about Momsen Bikes about the same time Victor stopped his activity on The Hub.

Wait a minute...am I missing out on a paycheck somewhere?!

I'd say any parallel drawn with The Tipping Point is a compliment. My banging about Momsen started the first time I owned one.

Is Morewood also not local cause the have frames and tubes are made in the east? What about Pyga? Of all those mentioned Silverback is the least "local" brand. But I suppose by your logic Ibis isn't American, Turner wasn't American till recently, Pinarello isn't Italian...tehir all just Eastern brands I suppose.

Have you noticed what Momsen has done and is doing for local talent? That alone doesn't make you appreciate the effort, time and money being spend?

When I build my Ibis I only bought brands who have local support and dealer network. Just how I'm wired.

A local brand would be designed/manufactured in the local country.

All the brands you mentioned are international, who has a problem with that?

You are trying to deflect the point of my post and that is you are trying to influence the market for a brand as in the example from Malcolm Gladwell's books, a common marketing strategy in the electonic age.

As far as supporting local talent goes, all brands do that to a degree, it's called advertising. If they got no exposure for it they wouldn't do it.

Edited by Bad Girl

A local brand would be designed/manufactured in the local country.

All the brands you mentioned are international, who has a problem with that?

You are trying to deflect the point of my post and that is you are trying to influence the market for a brand as in the example from Malcolm Gladwell's books, a common marketing strategy in the electonic age.

As far as supporting local talent goes, all brands do that to a degree, it's called advertising. If they got no exposure for it they wouldn't do it.

So I am due a paycheck? Maybe 2 as I'm quite vocal about Cycle Factory too.

time to have a look in here.

Well hello there. To re-cap: I posted a pic of a green Momsen...

Edited by The Crow

cheap as chips but I don't know if it will be a hit or not....

the reason they brought the STR9 back was after their initiall limited run, it was literally the bike/frame they had the most inquiries about.......its definietly popular.......considering its niche appeal......

the reason they brought the STR9 back was after their initiall limited run, it was literally the bike/frame they had the most inquiries about.......its definietly popular.......considering its niche appeal......

interesting, just think that the target market is quite small and they have a particular "palate".

One day my build will be complete and i'll be able to give balanced biased opinion

What are you building? Parts?

interesting, just think that the target market is quite small and they have a particular "palate".

The first run of frames was only 6.... and they took ages to sell..... the market is smaller than you think...

The first run of frames was only 6.... and they took ages to sell..... the market is smaller than you think...

aaaaaah although its isn't a lie, it could be a "half truth" as you pointed out. Like I said, the SS specific market has a particular palate and you can charge what you want if you get it right.